The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

headed out to the ROAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Peacock doesn't exist outside the US. And they seem to geoblock their webcast on the web outside the US. What a dense organization IMSA is. Just ignore the bulk of the world. Brilliant thinking.

They had to have actively defeated VPNs somehow, since that has always worked in the past. The stupidity is that I would have paid IMSATV a reasonable fee to watch that event, but they don't even offer that.

A good lesson in how to not grow a series fan base. When they come north this summer, do I spend $500 per weekend to go to Mosport and Watkins and Lime Rock and Road America? Not a chance.

I grew up on bullring ovals, both dirt and paved, there's a bunch of them within an hour or two of my home and the racing is always good. Think maybe I'll renew old acquaintances instead of supporting an organization that doesn't give a crap about fans outside of the US.

Peacock doesn't exist outside the US. And they seem to geoblock their webcast on the web outside the US. What a dense organization IMSA is. Just ignore the bulk of the world. Brilliant thinking.

They had to have actively defeated VPNs somehow, since that has always worked in the past. The stupidity is that I would have paid IMSATV a reasonable fee to watch that event, but they don't even offer that.

A good lesson in how to not grow a series fan base. When they come north this summer, do I spend $500 per weekend to go to Mosport and Watkins and Lime Rock and Road America? Not a chance.

I grew up on bullring ovals, both dirt and paved, there's a bunch of them within an hour or two of my home and the racing is always good. Think maybe I'll renew old acquaintances instead of supporting an organization that doesn't give a crap about fans outside of the US.
Same thing seems to happen in the Aussie V8 series, very hard to find outside of Oz

Well, the car was quick when we took it back to the shop for maintenance, now the tranny is acting up and we've lost the setup. We have 1 session to figure it out. This is where it would be nice to have a Billy Johnson or an Andrew Aquilante in the car.
Long day ahead, uphill battle.

TMO Supporting Vendors