The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

headed out to the ROAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well the Daytona wrap up..Great run for Griffon who swept the pole and 2 wins in the VP dash, Gret P2 start in GS, but a rather large off in the bus stop ended that deal. We didn't give up, worked on the car all day and came within about 8 seconds of getting back on the lead lap so... hopefu;;y that will get better.Watching the GT\LMP deal, it sure seems like LMP has a real long way to go on those MGU or whatever, battery.. energy storage units because they were going through them like a crack addict.
We'll see what happens in Sebring

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Never saw what happened to Ben Keating's car after one of the last restarts, TV just cut to it in the grass & stalled inside the Int'l. horseshoe. I'm guessing he got nerfed from behind but they didn't have it on tape for a replay. Too bad, as they were holding P1 in class for a long time. Car salesmen can be pretty quick drivers - reminds me of someone around here.

Also really happy to see Colin Braun get an overall win. First time I was at the Rolex24, I'm pretty sure he was leading the junior prototype class they had back then, right until his car caught fire in the bus stop chicane with 25 minutes left in the race and pretty much burnt to the ground. His father is Jeff Braun, a long-time engineer for IMSA and IndyCar teams, who actually did "write the book" on racing technology.

TMO Supporting Vendors