The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heading to the strip tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Heading to the strip tomorrow

roadhouse said:
Unreal- Thanks and you're right, it's not easy! I almost purchased the MTs. You have some very impressive times for a stock with tires! Congrats. What is your launch technique to get your 60ft into the 1.6 range?
I launch around 5,000k and slip the clutch lightly. I also run 23lbs air, the lower the air the worse my 60ft got.

Tulsa, OK
Re: Re: Heading to the strip tomorrow

unrealford said:
I launch around 5,000k and slip the clutch lightly. I also run 23lbs air, the lower the air the worse my 60ft got.

Ok. Yeah I'm launching pretty much the same but not slipping the clutch like I should. More just dumping it. Interesting about your tires pressure. I still need to play around with the Hoosiers a little. Thanks for the info!

TMO Supporting Vendors