The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Headlight Bezel Trim on 2012 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I noticed that some Boss 302's have a headlight with a plain black bezel. Some others have a chrome-trimmed bezel. My orange has a plain black bezel and cloud9's has a chrome trim around the turn signal-parking light. Both have Recaro-Torsen package. So far I deducted that color and Recaro-Torsen package don't affect the headlight trim. I put up a simple poll and I separated the Laguna Seca package. Let's see if we can see a trend.

Since this board doesn't have poll option, I placed the poll here.

I'm not a member on other forum but for the record mine is a Boss 302 CO with the Chrome trim around the turn signal. Possibly build date change not LS or Street Boss difference that I know of. Mine was built July 21 missed my birthday by one day

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Car's final assembly was on 7/19/11. 300'th out of 378 that were black. I'm curious if they did any market testing to have such a large ratio between black and silver.

That's only a couple days apart from Boss2012's car and both have different headlight trims.

Supplier problem ?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Interesting.

The more I think about my whole experience with my LS the more I believe it was just meant to be. I was so close to getting a used GT3 until one of my club members (who actually drives a GT3RS) told be about this car. I had NO clue being totally tuned out of the American market. At first I thought he was kidding. Ends up the only one anywhere near where I live was the one I bought. It could have been pink and I really didn't care, I was just hoping to find one. It ends up the one I bought has even small things (like the black we are discussing) which would be my personal preference if I had a choice of any car I wanted.

All this just makes it harder to wait till April to track it again! ;D

Hmmm, mine was built on June 10th.

P1020838.jpg

Boss1309 said:
My Comp Orange was built on the same day as PeteInCt July 18th. I have the chrome trim.
Well that shoots any theories all to hell. My guess is that they made a change after production started and then substituted in chrome as they ran out of black. I think it will take a production line manager to answer this question accurately. ;)

I have the chrome bezels, Boss #569 produced 5/2/2011. kind of makes you wonder what kind of QC Ford has. Same model year car, same model car, different parts. Oh well, I like the black but am just fine with chrome.

LOL

It goes back and forth. July CO got chrome trim (although a July KB got black), my Sept CO got black, and Oct CO back to chrome trim.

The only consistency is randomness :eek:

MLM - here is mine (plain black bezel)

Photo0363.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors