The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heads and Cam notes from the 2011 parts catalog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I took a look through the 2011 parts catalog and searched for MBR and M50BR as these are the parts listed for the 302R and seem to be the Boss specific parts. Here are the items that stood out to me:

1. the exhaust valves are 31.8MM vs 31MM in the GT and are sodium filled

2. the intake valves are hollow stem but are the same diameter as in the GT

3. the heads are listed with a 4% increase in intake flow but nothing is mentioned about the exhaust side

4. only an exhaust cam is listed and the lift is 13MM vs 11MM - will the intake cam be the same as the GT? On another note I went back to the spec sheet which lists the valve diameter and lift as being the same as the GT....maybe overlooked on the spec sheet?

Nice, do you have a link to the catalog and a price list? I'd like to find out how much the LS wheels in black are going to cost.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/2011-catalog/

note - there are no prices listed for the Boss stuff

TMO Supporting Vendors