The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heat cycle help??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have done both at times ( pads and tires ), and yes the article lists the optimal way to do it, but have been told over the years , but some engineers that it is helpful . Keep in mind that the Distributors put them on a machine and supposedly vary the speeds of rotation, so have found this is a simple solution, though not likely perfect, but then how often can we even bed brakes in exactly as stated. Just a simple thought for those wanting to follow manufacturers recommendations, but also keep in mind some tires do not find it very helpful due to their compounding, etc.

Like Bill said it is not the same doing a track heat cycle but when doing a street heet cycle bedding the brakes can't hurt IMO. You will get the heat transfer from the brakes outward to the rims and tires. Before I bought my second set of rims I took a set of new tires and new brakes out on the highway first, ran about 10-15 miles out turned around and headed toward home home. With the highway heat in them I did a bed in on the brakes closer to the house, got home and took the tires off to let them sit for a few days.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel