The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heated mirrors/puddle lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone added the heated side mirrors with the pony puddle lights on their boss? Looks like they can bolt right on, but wondering if the wiring harness is the same.

Thanks

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Doubtful, and I don't think so. I took the door panels apart installing upgraded speakers and the wiring to each mirror only had connections for the power mirrors on each side that I could see, but I guess it's possible the connector/harness is the same to cut costs?

If you can find a picture of the harness connector from a V6/GT Premium that has the Pony lamps, compare it to the first pic in this thread;

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/351868-2013-mustang-base-stereo-speaker-replacement-procedure.html

I'm curious if the wiring harness is the same.

IMG_2122.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I guess I can see why someone would want the heated mirrors if you had to drive in cold climates, but the puddle lights are a little 'gimmicky'. Now if you could modify the running pony to instead say "BOSS" in the same script that's on the fenders, that might be acceptable...? Nah.

HAHA! I figured someone would chime in about the horse being cheesy, but it's my wifes car and she wants ponies, so she's getting ponies! I agree, it would really cool if you could change the lens to say BOSS!! From my internet research it looks like the connector is the same, so I ordered the mirrors. I'll let you all know how it turns out!

ominous said:
HAHA! I figured someone would chime in about the horse being cheesy, but it's my wifes car and she wants ponies, so she's getting ponies! I agree, it would really cool if you could change the lens to say BOSS!! From my internet research it looks like the connector is the same, so I ordered the mirrors. I'll let you all know how it turns out!
How much were the mirrors?

The prices were $150 for the left and $140 for the right (from Tasca). That's the whole assembly (with heated glass and puddle light projector) without the painted cap (you have to swap it over).

ominous said:
The prices were $150 for the left and $140 for the right (from Tasca). That's the whole assembly (with heated glass and puddle light projector) without the painted cap (you have to swap it over).
Not bad at all.

Be sure to post up a review, install and pics when completed.

pony_zpsb55a1a71.jpg

Finally got them installed. Took about 20 minutes and ten of that was coaxing the covers off the old mirrors. It was a little unnerving just pulling on them till they came off. The wife really likes them. I didn't realize the horse was going to be so big!

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
ominous said:
pony_zpsb55a1a71.jpg

Finally got them installed. Took about 20 minutes and ten of that was coaxing the covers off the old mirrors. It was a little unnerving just pulling on them till they came off. The wife really likes them. I didn't realize the horse was going to be so big!

Cool. Would be nice if they said Boss, but I like them. How does the heating aspect work?

Brian

GA
ominous said:
pony_zpsb55a1a71.jpg

It's kind of like the bat signal. Only not. ;D

I learned a little trick to that when I had my covers replaced. Push the cover forward until it stops, grab a little hook tool and reach in toward the front bottom and gently pull up on the tab that locks it in place and it will pop right off.

TMO Supporting Vendors