The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Heel toe pedals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
strengthrehab said:
SRP or steeda. Is the SRP Setup really worth 100 dollars over just the steeda pedal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Honestly, it's up to your personal preference. Both need to be drilled and mounted. I've been on the fence on this for awhile and now that you brought it up I'm gonna pull the trigger on what I prefer. Thank you Sir

I've never checked out the steedas. But back then when i was interested in the SRPs, I contacted them about acquiring two different gas pedals instead of the dead pedal and they agreed. This would allow you to try two different size gas pedals and fine tune to your liking. Then I got used to the stock pedals and decided to put it off for now, but the SRPs are still on my list.

I'm a big fan of SRP pedals. Strait forward install (helps to be a contortionist ;) ), quality machined pieces and they look sharp.

I had a very difficult time with heel-&-toe on the stock setup. The SRP setup worked wonders. It allows you to simply roll your right foot from the brake to accelerator to rev match without needing to twist you who foot\leg.

I use my car as a DD, so unless you have a large/wide shoe, they should be fine for driving around town if you need to.

Tob did a great write of SVTP website and I followed the directions verbatim.

20160910_194426863_iOS_zpsgyjgwppm.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Another Kudo mark for the SRP pedals. I have the bit larger gas pedal that despite me thinking I would never get heel/toe - I started doing it accidently. It certainly put the two pedals closer and will make heel/toe easier. Good make, good grip and good price considering the quality.

Which ever ones you get make sure the mounting screws don't protrude out the back of the gas pedal. I had one that punctured the carpet and when I lifted to brake at end of a straight guess what! It wasn't in the Boss but it could happen on any car l just flipped the Ing off and got the car turned in without running off. Pulled the gas up with my foot and got back to the pits to find & fix the issue.

I went with the Cusco pedal, only because it was free though haha. Easy to install with a small amount of modification to the pedal. Been on my Boss for 3+ years and no complaints. I took a bunch of pictures of the install, I can dig them up if you'd like. Let me know.

k98dave said:
Which ever ones you get make sure the mounting screws don't protrude out the back of the gas pedal. I had one that punctured the carpet and when I lifted to brake at end of a straight guess what! It wasn't in the Boss but it could happen on any car l just flipped the Ing off and got the car turned in without running off. Pulled the gas up with my foot and got back to the pits to find & fix the issue.
Good call on that. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

drano38

Wayne
I've got SRP and really like them.
My gas pedal one is smooth, the rest grid black. The smooth gas pedal helps slide the heal during heal/toe. But I've got an Auto-Blip now, so no heal/toe for me.

barspen said:
I'm a big fan of SRP pedals. Strait forward install (helps to be a contortionist ;) ), quality machined pieces and they look sharp.

I had a very difficult time with heel-&-toe on the stock setup. The SRP setup worked wonders. It allows you to simply roll your right foot from the brake to accelerator to rev match without needing to twist you who foot\leg.

I use my car as a DD, so unless you have a large/wide shoe, they should be fine for driving around town if you need to.

Tob did a great write of SVTP website and I followed the directions verbatim.

20160910_194426863_iOS_zpsgyjgwppm.jpg

I actually just installed mine today. The gas pedal doesn't fit the 13 gas pedal as well as the photos I saw online for the 11-12. Alight modification and it worked out fine. My question to you is didn't you mount the dead pedal upside down?

04e7944970b358fb146e0ca504286c73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. I had to roll it around a few times to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I was originally going with the SRP pedals but the dead pedal has no independent bracket, so when the carpet is removed there is no where to mount it.
So, I went with the Steeda pedals and bought a Scott Drake Dead pedal with integral bracket. No, they don't match, but I don't care "Because Racecar".
So far, no regrets.

15202599_10154722832948535_6928085251033986570_n.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel