The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello CJ Enthusiasts! New Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just joined since there are videos here of cars that I am "intimately" familiar with! Just a few pictures of the herd I had to help take care of in Charlotte....parked in front of my motorhome before the semi arrived. Most are basic v6 school cars. The others are probably self explanatory!

102_4497_zps4e6b3c2a.png

102_4498_zps15142e3f.png

102_4499_zps4b22ec51.png

102_4500_zpseccfa1a8.png

102_4501_zps4a68311d.png

102_4502_zps574f468e.png

102_4504_zps6c072ece.png

That's awesome, I bet the Cobra Jets are a blast. Can you get members a discount to the schools or put a package deal together?

http://royhillsdragracingschool.com/classes/

NFSBOSS said:
That's awesome, I bet the Cobra Jets are a blast. Can you get members a discount to the schools or put a package deal together?

http://royhillsdragracingschool.com/classes/

I'm sure "Uncle Roy" would love to see some Boss 302's come out to the track! We had some clients bring their Shelby's last Friday when we did a corporate day at Charlotte. They didn't run the CJ, but some did drive the SVT Shelby that is a school car.

I will inquire about a CJ school discount. It is a pricey 2 day school, but it does give you classroom time as well as track time, leading up to HOPEFULLY getting a NHRA license. All students start in the v-6, then go to the SVT Shelby, then get in the CJ if you don't screw up, lol. Its pretty hard to do a bunch of students at once because there is only so much you can do in 2 days, and the cars, especially the CJ's need to be cooled between runs. The v-6's and the Shelby you can pretty much beat the snot out of.

CobraJetCutie said:
I'm sure "Uncle Roy" would love to see some Boss 302's come out to the track! We had some clients bring their Shelby's last Friday when we did a corporate day at Charlotte. They didn't run the CJ, but some did drive the SVT Shelby that is a school car.

I will inquire about a CJ school discount. It is a pricey 2 day school, but it does give you classroom time as well as track time, leading up to HOPEFULLY getting a NHRA license. All students start in the v-6, then go to the SVT Shelby, then get in the CJ if you don't screw up, lol. Its pretty hard to do a bunch of students at once because there is only so much you can do in 2 days, and the cars, especially the CJ's need to be cooled between runs. The v-6's and the Shelby you can pretty much beat the snot out of.

Hmmmmmm, and I thought I exhausted my bucket list with Track Attack. This too would be fun! BTW welcome to BMO!

Highpower11 said:
Hmmmmmm, and I thought I exhausted my bucket list with Track Attack. This too would be fun! BTW welcome to BMO!

I will be working over the winter to hopefully make this happen next year. East coast/West Coast Boss 302 Exclusive Drag Schools. I will keep everyone posted.

Fomoco302 said:
Don't forget the South. As you know we have two NHRA tracks here in Texas and a lot of drag racers. 8)

I will take suggestions. ;) Most likely will have to be a Bruton Smith owned facility. Charlotte would be a given due to the fact that the school is based in the Charlotte area. I was also thinking maybe Las Vegas.

A few more pics just for fun.....

My view from the motorhome as I spend a few days at a Pro Stock race shop in Maryland....laying over between racing in Georgia and Englishtown NJ.

102_4403_zpsb2dc846c.png

The other Cobra Jet that I get to drive once in a while....

craigwithmustang_zpsc40cdbe7.png

I believe Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth is owned by Bruton Smith….

They have a "Friday Night Drags" program for about 6 weeks from June through end of July each year. FYI

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
CobraJetCutie said:
I will be working over the winter to hopefully make this happen next year. East coast/West Coast Boss 302 Exclusive Drag Schools. I will keep everyone posted.
I'm a huge fan of Drag Racing and I am definitely interested!!

TMO Supporting Vendors