The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello from #229

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wanted to introduce myself and I have car #229. I have had my Kona Blue Boss since May and already have 5K on the car. The car has so many miles so soon because it was taken on a few family vacations. The car has been outstanding. I have a picture comparing the size the Boss to an 1986 911. I was struck by the size difference.

Pictures on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64890028@N07/sets/72157627009514487/

Welcome to BMO. I see we have another member with excellent taste in cars and colors. ;) I've owned a couple of 911's myself. What mods have you done to your 930 and where do you live?

5 Dot O,

I am very happy with the color. I found a red one in Miami, but was lucky enough to find the blue in Charleston, SC.

My 911 turbo, 930, has been modified in the following:
larger intercooler (Andial)
Ported heads from 34mm to 36mm
K27 7006 turbo
Free flow exhaust
Aftermarket header
Tial Wastegate
Adjustable warm up regulator (WUR) to manage AFR
No heat, no a/c, basically stripped down with a 13 pound drivers seat.
Tires: 17/245 up front with 17/315 in rear.

I live in central South Carolina.

BlueBoss said:
5 Dot O,

I am very happy with the color. I found a red one in Miami, but was lucky enough to find the blue in Charleston, SC.

K27 7006 turbo
Free flow exhaust
Aftermarket header
Tial Wastegate

Nice. Do you track the 930?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
BlueBoss said:
5 Dot O,

K27 7006 turbo
Free flow exhaust
Aftermarket header
Tial Wastegate

Which dealer in Charleston?

[/quote]Nice. Do you track the 930?
[/quote]

No, just for street entertainment ;) I forgot to mention that I also upgraded to 964 cams and MSD 6AL with Blaster 2 coil. The top end of the car is wicked!

As far as the dealership, I bought it at Palmetto Ford in Charleston. Tony Barron was my sales rep and he did a great job. He is a Mustang guy and really appreciates what he sales.

BlueBoss said:
No, just for street entertainment ;) I forgot to mention that I also upgraded to 964 cams and MSD 6AL with Blaster 2 coil. The top end of the car is wicked!

As far as the dealership, I bought it at Palmetto Ford in Charleston. Tony Barron was my sales rep and he did a great job. He is a Mustang guy and really appreciates what he sales.
How does the Boss compare to the Porsche's?

The Boss is better is most every way. The most obvious advantage for the Boss is the low end power. Neither Porsche can pull from a stop like a Boss. Of course, they are not built for that. The 911 is a little nimble car that is fun in winding roads. It feels light and accurate. The 930 is a whole different animal. It does not feel nimble in low power turns; it has a heaviness that the Boss doesn't have. The 930's charm is top end on the highway.

I feel the 930 is faster than the Boss after 50 to 60 MPH. Again, I feel that it is faster; no proof. My 930 has a large ceramic coated turbo that is built to spool at 3500 RPM and when in 3rd gear at 50 it is hard to beat. As I mentioned earlier, it has been stripped down and it somewhere just under 400hp. It is not a fair fight against the Boss.

I have had a run in or two with Cobras and they are surprised by the 930. Weight to HP matters. Also, I have 4 gears and I only have to shift from 3rd to 4th to go 180ish. In saying that, the 930 is much more difficult car to drive than the Boss. The Boss is easy to drive fast and performs the same every time. With the hot weather, my 930 gets heatsoak quickly and the car's lag increases. This is key reason why I wanted the Boss is because it doesn't have a turbo or supercharger.

Bottom line, I like all 3 cars. The Boss is the most balanced.

TMO Supporting Vendors