The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello from 835

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked up 835 almost 3 weeks ago. Red/white stripe with Recaro/torsen.

First dealer: A Boss? It's not different than a GT, let's just order one of those for you.
Second dealer: I emailed, and the response was written by a teenager in texting language.
Third dealer: I see you are looking at a Shelby...your dream car huh? And then the sales guy just walked away.
Fourth dealer: smart 19 year old sales kid realized he was in over his head having never heard of the car. He got his sales manager.

Turns out they had the Red/White in bound, exactly what I was looking for.

Few hundred miles on it so far, including a turn or two on the Tail of the Dragon in TN. I should probably just send the BMV my license and get it over with now.

Congrats. So far so good on the license here, but knock on wood. Once you feels it start to pull at 3500RPM you just want to push down on tha pedal ;D

Great choice of color!

+ 1 Congrats. Your dealership experience doesn't surprise me. I stopped by a dealership that didn't even know what a Boss 302 was! How is that possible? I ended up explaining to 4 of their staff members what it was. I sold them on their own car.

umsneeze said:
Picked up 835 almost 3 weeks ago. Red/white stripe with Recaro/torsen.

First dealer: A Boss? It's not different than a GT, let's just order one of those for you.
Second dealer: I emailed, and the response was written by a teenager in texting language.
Third dealer: I see you are looking at a Shelby...your dream car huh? And then the sales guy just walked away.
Fourth dealer: smart 19 year old sales kid realized he was in over his head having never heard of the car. He got his sales manager.

Turns out they had the Red/White in bound, exactly what I was looking for.

Few hundred miles on it so far, including a turn or two on the Tail of the Dragon in TN. I should probably just send the BMV my license and get it over with now.
Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Post some photos when you get a chance, we love photos!

umsneeze said:
Watch out you don't cross those solid lines on Tail of the Dragon. Some cops are ticketing people for that claiming it's a safety issue. It's just another revenue stream for those boys.

I'll have to work on photos...I've resized and they still won't upload or says upload folder full.

The dragon is a bit overrated, many better roads around here. That said, when I'm on my motorcycle and someone comes around a blind corner across the double yellow it is dangerous and warrants a ticket.

umsneeze said:
That said, when I'm on my motorcycle and someone comes around a blind corner across the double yellow it is dangerous and warrants a ticket.

Ever drive in Jamaica? Blind curves and EVERYONE is on the wrong side of the road!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel