The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello from ND

Hello fellow Boss owners and other Mustang enthusiasts. I am new to the forum and owner of a 13 Boss RR #2555. I bought it new in 2012 and have been a member of another forum but signed up for this after numerous references to the information on this site. The only mods I have on the car is the rear seat delete and a Barton FR shifter. My only future plans are some forged wheels and new tires. My car is a garage queen which is really easy to accomplish when the weather sucks 8 months a year.... On the bright side it looks like in 2-3 weeks I can take it out for the first time this year. I am brutal with computers, how do you upload a signature image?
 
NDBOSS302 said:
The only mods I have on the car is the rear seat delete and a Barton FR shifter. My only future plans are some forged wheels and new tires.
That will change quickly. We're good at spending OPM around here. ;D

Welcome to the forum and you'll find several tips including how to post a signature photo by reading the link below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0
 
NFSBOSS said:
That will change quickly. We're good at spending OPM around here. ;D

We will see! I have held out a lot to this point and with no real close place to track the car a lot of the mods I would like to do would be simply not worth the cost for street use....But man would a track car be amazing!
 
Hello neighbor, Fargo here! I have a performance white 2013, it is an MP car which I bought last fall from a dealer that picked it up at auction, love it! Which part of the state are you from?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Rick_ND said:
Hello neighbor, Fargo here! I have a performance white 2013, it is an MP car which I bought last fall from a dealer that picked it up at auction, love it! Which part of the state are you from?

In Grand Forks... good to hear of some other Boss owners in the area. I only know of a couple others; two in a collection here in GF that do not leave the display. 1 2012 that a co-worker owns and 1 that I see every once in a while come down and shop from Winnipeg on weekends. I had my trackey installed at luther in Fargo and they did an excellent job for only doing 1 or 2 others. I bought mine from Katy Ford in Houston since Luther in Fargo could not get me a new one as they sold their 3 others. Sounds like some guy in Williston buys all their GT500's and other performance cars when they get them...must be nice to have loads of oil money!
 
NFSBOSS said:
You two should check out this event. There are several SD members that make the trip every year.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6232.0

Wow, thanks for the info. Probably the closest that I know of only 600 something miles away.
 
Maybe we can find all the Bosses in ND and have a get together sometime to trade info and impressions of the cars, compare notes if you will!! I'm planning on taking mine to the car show in West Fargo the first part of April if I'm accepted in, not really classics by any means but damn these cars draw a lot of attention!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Rick_ND said:
Maybe we can find all the Bosses in ND and have a get together sometime to trade info and impressions of the cars, compare notes if you will!! I'm planning on taking mine to the car show in West Fargo the first part of April if I'm accepted in, not really classics by any means but damn these cars draw a lot of attention!

Nice! they have a couple of weekly classic car get togethers up here in GF usually tues and thurs. There are a bunch of mustangs that show up manly gt500's. I have only seen a couple Boss's around and I think the one is from the local air base but other than that just gt's posing with the boss graphics. I am planning on driving down to Fargo mid april to get my shifter installed and a service. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,627
2,555
Arizona, USA
NDBOSS302 said:
Thanks! your car looks amazing by the way...Did you have to drill for the tow hook?

Thanks!

Yes, gotta drill the fascia for the type I went with (Cooltech). BMO member "pufferfish" runs a site "Blowfish Racing" where he makes no-drill tow hook kits, however!
https://www.blowfishracing.com/14-tow-hooks
http://www.cooltechllc.com/Boss/Boss_Tow_Combo.shtml
 

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
NDBOSS302 said:
Hello fellow Boss owners and other Mustang enthusiasts. I am new to the forum and owner of a 13 Boss RR #2555. I bought it new in 2012 and have been a member of another forum but signed up for this after numerous references to the information on this site. The only mods I have on the car is the rear seat delete and a Barton FR shifter. My only future plans are some forged wheels and new tires. My car is a garage queen which is really easy to accomplish when the weather sucks 8 months a year.... On the bright side it looks like in 2-3 weeks I can take it out for the first time this year. I am brutal with computers, how do you upload a signature image?

Greetings, nice tasteful upgrades. Wheels and tires next, nice. I like the LS wheels for the street, put some Michelin super sports on them and you are done.
As good as the Boss is out of the box. There are some key areas that need attention. If you do nothing else you have to address the 4x4 look. Get some Ford racing Boss springs and drop that car to where it should of been from the factory.
 
Domestic Product said:
Greetings, nice tasteful upgrades. Wheels and tires next, nice. I like the LS wheels for the street, put some Michelin super sports on them and you are done.
As good as the Boss is out of the box. There are some key areas that need attention. If you do nothing else you have to address the 4x4 look. Get some Ford racing Boss springs and drop that car to where it should of been from the factory.

Thanks for the advice! How much lower do the springs make the car sit compared to stock?
 
Welcome to BMO!

I too am originally from Fargo and visit often. I've had a chance to talk to Rick_ND a couple of times through here and looking forward to meeting him this summer. It would be great if you could make the small drive down from GF to Fargo when I come back.

The show your trying to get into isn't by chance Toppers is it? That is a difficult one to enter because of how new your car is. But I believe that is at the end of March so may not be the correct show I'm thinking of.

If you get a chance, watch the paper and make the cruise night in West Fargo on Sheyenne Street.....they have a great turn out and there is a guy who opens his business parking lot for Mustangs only! It has an old Ford sign on the building near the VFW.

I originally had ordered my car through Luther and a salesman there is a really good friend. But I too had to look in Texas to buy mine. Hopefully the weather will get nice up there soon and you can enjoy the car some more.
 
Good to here. I am originally from MN about 40 miles north of st.paul. If I can stay on day shift at work I will be able to make a lot of the events this year. Look forward to meeting both of you.
 
Just in to say welcome, and to start spending your money. When you get your lowering springs you will probably need some relocation brackts. And while you are at it might as well toss in some lower control arms. And if you decide to do that take care if your wheelhop all together with an adjustable upper control arm, but that upper control arm mount may as well be changed out to do it right. Dont forget an oil separator for the passenger side pcv line to protect your motor. And if shifting still bothers you a bit there is a myriad of upgrades beyond your shifter that might help out that MT-82, like whiteline transmission bushing, or even a CHE k-member brace with torque links. LOL, like Rick said, it is fun to spend OPM. Again, welcome to the site!
 
max5ive0 said:
When you get your lowering springs you will probably need some relocation brackts. And while you are at it might as well toss in some lower control arms.

I am going to order some lowering springs. What relocation brackets do you recommend? I am purchasing the FR Boss lowering springs.
 
I got BMR relo brackets because they can be adjusted. If you doing road race you might want your arms higher than if you are drag racing. I like the ability to change. They are sturdy as they come IMO too.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top