The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hello, new member here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome to TMO, again. ;)

Welcome to TMO. I think you will find the forum a no BS knowledge base if you are just maintaining you S197 or full on racing your ride.
Were probably not the best forum if you're looking for info on changing the color of your puddle lights on a 2013/2014. :rolleyes:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome fellow 3 valver!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome to a Forum that is ;
1. Helpful
2. Positive
3. Fun loving
4. Respectful
5. Extremely informative

Good place to dig into the tough details, pursue your dream modifications, get experienced thoughts and comments, and have a fun relaxing time. Lots of good natured ribbing here, but none of the vicious negative attacks so common on many sites today. This is place that is both serious and in pursuit of the love we all have for the track and our cars. Come here for the Fords, stay for the friends!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
1. Helpful
2. Positive
3. Fun loving
4. Respectful
5. Extremely informative

Good place to dig into the tough details, pursue your dream modifications, get experienced thoughts and comments, and have a fun relaxing time. Lots of good natured ribbing here, but none of the vicious negative attacks so common on many sites today. This is place that is both serious and in pursuit of the love we all have for the track and our cars. Come here for the Fords, stay for the friends!
Well said Bill.

Big Black

Good, fast<del>, and cheap</del>
1. Helpful
2. Positive
3. Fun loving
4. Respectful
5. Extremely informative

do you recommend "pre bedded" GT 500 pads from G-loc? Using with cryo Centric rotors? Or would you in a pinch pay the same for perfomance friction 12's

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would highly recommend getting pre-bedded G Loc pads. Have known Danny Puskar at G Loc for a very long time and we switched over to pre-bedded for almost all our customer needs. They are a bit labor intensive to bed yourself and frankly that is the last thing I want to do if a change is needed in the middle of an event - it can happen. I go super aggressive , but I seldom drive on the street, so depending on your overall usage , the pads that would work best for you could be up for discussion?

Also , I find , one should ask folks what tracks they run , as some are horrendous on brakes , whereas others are quite light on brake wear.

Last edited:
+1 on Pre Bedding, especially for more aggressive compounds like G-LOC R18 or CarboTech XP24 which are tough to bed on the street. Early on I had brake loss on the Boss due to a vapor barrier between the pad and the rotor on poorly bedded pads -- fortunately all I did was mow a lot of grass at the end of the main straight at Gingerman, but lesson learned!

TMO Supporting Vendors