The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help...2013 Boss first engine code P219A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys I need some help diagnosing this: I have a 2013 Boss, all stock except for an Airaid PJ intake (no tune with the venturi tube in). I've run this intake on 2 Bosses over 4 years and never had an issue. Today I was just cruising and the ceck engine light came on. Read the code, came out as a P219A: Bank 1 air/fuel ratio imbalance. Car is not even 5 years old, 14k miles, rarely gets driven. No other symptoms, no noticeable driving issues. What should I be looking for to figure out what's causing it?

I think that code means you don't drive it enough. ;) Seriously make sure the MAF sensor is clean and the wires are not breaking. Seems to me those wires just dangle there and I always thought they'd be a problem at some point.

GB218

TMO Addict
I have a friend running the standard Airaid CAI on his 13, who had the same error a couple of years ago.

He losened & reseated the CAI throttle body adapter and tightened all the clamps on the entire CAI. He disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, reconnected it and then performed the idle relearn.

It has not come back.

Hope this helps.

GB218

Hey guys I need some help diagnosing this: I have a 2013 Boss, all stock except for an Airaid PJ intake (no tune with the venturi tube in). I've run this intake on 2 Bosses over 4 years and never had an issue. Today I was just cruising and the ceck engine light came on. Read the code, came out as a P219A: Bank 1 air/fuel ratio imbalance. Car is not even 5 years old, 14k miles, rarely gets driven. No other symptoms, no noticeable driving issues. What should I be looking for to figure out what's causing it?
I had the same code on my 2013 Boss and after several visits and parts (all sensors) from local ford dealer this what corrected my issue. Car is not driven on a daily basis so it does sit more then it is driven. Took car to a local Lincoln dealer on advice from the ford dealer tech who knows the Lincoln tech. After running several tests the Lincoln tech recommended fuel pump replacement, this was also recommended by Ford engineering department after being contacted by the Lincoln tech. Not only has the check engine light not returned I noticed an change in throttle response. The tech explained the pump pressure was in spec but the volume was not. My car only had 1800 miles on it but I think pump was bad due to sitting. I now start and drive the car at once a week. Just my two cents. I will also add the Lincoln tech swears that chevron brand gas does make a difference in fuel system staying clean.

TMO Supporting Vendors