The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help! Buying a 2013 SBY LS Boss for my dad and need help finding one!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help! Is anyone trading in a School Bus Yellow 2013 Laguna Secca before Christmas? I was referred over her by another forum.

I'm not sure the appropriate place to post this but I hope you guys can help. The long story short is that my dad never chases his dreams. He had a real serious scare with lung cancer this year (he never smoked) and I just feel it on my heart to help check the box on his bucket list because he's done so much.

In 1980 he passed on a grabber blue Boss 302 for $3,200. In 2007-ish he passed on a top shelf restored 70 Boss for $25k. It was gone within 12 hours and he regrets that decision dearly. Then when the 2013's came out he wanted one and specifically a LS.

So, is there anyone out there trading a 2013 SBY LS car in for a GT350? It really needs to be School Bus Yellow and a Laguna Secca. Prefer one owner and well under 15k miles. Full documentation is highly desired. I have the cash saved up but am also selling a nice original paint 73 Z28/RS Camaro and possibly my 93 Cobra (Black/Black original paint).

Timing: I need to get it back to Oklahoma before Christmas. For the right deal I'm ready to purchase today. I'm hoping someone will sell for trade in (or a little over) and I can fly out, meet and film the transaction to document this for him. Would appreciate any help you guys can provide. I just called on LS573 over in North Carolina. I also REALLY like the Black LS on eBay with no reserve (one owner and a spare back seat for $40k no reserve) but it's black and he wants SBY.

There's a dealer w a one owner sub 8k LS car for mid 41's? I'd really like to buy directly from the owner.

Where else can I post this or can you forward to someone who can help?

Thanks a million for all your help.

Greg

Hi Greg and welcome to BMO. Great story and good luck with your search. Have you seen this one?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10248.0

Also check below regularly. With the GT350's finally shipping I expect to see more Boss 302's for sale.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=27.0

Thanks! I've sent randy a text back and forth and plan to call him tomorrow.

I don't want to insult anyone on price but a black 6k mile just sold for right over 40k so the market is getting a little soft w 350's almost here. I don't mind paying for low mileage and one owner because it will be in the family for decades....but I don't want to overpay either.

Willi44225 said:
Thanks! I've sent randy a text back and forth and plan to call him tomorrow.

I don't want to insult anyone on price but a black 6k mile just sold for right over 40k so the market is getting a little soft w 350's almost here. I don't mind paying for low mileage and one owner because it will be in the family for decades....but I don't want to overpay either.
Send a PM to member Bill Pemberton. He has a 2013 SBY LS and told me he planned to sell it this winter.

Tossing idea of selling my LA #649 with 4400 miles. No plans for GT350 yet. Comes with many extras and all paperwork. Shoot me PM if would like to discuss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've gone back and forth with Randy. Great car but the low mileage keeps it out of the appropriate price point plus I would feel guilty driving it back to Oklahoma because it is so low mileage (I'd like to enjoy it a little before giving it to dad.) I'm still looking although I am discussing with Bill.

Bay Area
Willi44225 said:
Thanks! I've gone back and forth with Randy. Great car but the low mileage keeps it out of the appropriate price point plus I would feel guilty driving it back to Oklahoma because it is so low mileage (I'd like to enjoy it a little before giving it to dad.) I'm still looking although I am discussing with Bill.

Buy it and enjoy the trip. My buddy went all the way from San Diego to Chicago to purchase his and had a blast. Besides how often would you get an opportunity to do a road trip in a BOSS? Jus saying ;)

Still on the hunt!!!

Seems like they are getting a little soft but my time frame is also ticking away.

Is anyone planning to trade it in before their GT350 arrives?

Thanks!
Greg

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
byronj said:
Buy it and enjoy the trip. My buddy went all the way from San Diego to Chicago to purchase his and had a blast. Besides how often would you get an opportunity to do a road trip in a BOSS? Jus saying ;)

agreed, I took my 2013 SBY on a road-trip to MMP for Track Attack, about 5 months after purchase, with the attraction of multiple states with 70 MPH speed limits and with Utah at 80.

it was a hecka lot of fun and totally worth the ~2000 miles on her.

so much so that I considered having an annual road-trip. miles on car vs value vs fun vs life is short.

ymmv.

I sure hope there is an opportunity to road trip it back home! That's my dream. It will all depend on the weather and location relative to Oklahoma.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
If you can't put a deal together with a private owner I would investigate the LS on Ebay at the dealer. Fits your other criteria.

Road trips are the best in a Boss. I bought mine in SC and drove 1K miles through mountains. Live in MO now so no mountains here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

REAL 1 said:
If you can't put a deal together with a private owner I would investigate the LS on Ebay at the dealer. Fits your other criteria.

It's a pretty nice car and I've talked to the owner who traded it in. I'm not crazy about the fact that it's had 4 previous owners in such a short time. Do you guys think that's a problem? I like Bills car a little better even tho it's been raced.

Interesting bit of info....the dealer is now asking less than they gave the owner for trade in. I'd really like Randy's out West but we are way too far apart on price.

4 owners does sound like a red flag. Your heart already questioned it by asking.. I'm not crazy about the fact that it's had 4 previous owners in such a short time. Do you guys think that's a problem?
I agree with VooDoo. PASS

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Well the car still should be under warranty. Ask for the warranty service history.

I have a 2012 Boss LS with 1100 miles. Just bought it 3 weeks ago. (now 1300 miles ;)) Ingot Silver. LS#46 so the vin matches the LS# (only first 50 have LS# matching Vin). All original paperwork, window sticker, owners kit, cover... Was owned by corporate for a short time. Was owned by a second owner for 2 years and now me. Due to snafu in trying to get title transferred in NJ and NJ refusing to accept an assignment of title the car had to be titled in the dealers name than me. 4 owners. The car is a gem.

Since it sounds like your dad is likely to keep it for a long time as long as it's a good car I wouldn't cross it off the list. Mileage is low, price is right and color is right. You need to put eyeballs on the car first tough if you are in any way concerned.

I would fly out and look at it after getting the car fax and service records.

As to Bill's car, when you say "raced" you mean DE event? Much different than "raced".

If you like Bill's car better buy it. I wouldn't worry about a car with some DE's on it. Boss 's were made for the track. As long as the car was cared for and maintained ...not an issue.

BTW I think its a wonderful thing you are doing for your dad. Kudos to you. Also love your Avatar!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors