The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help! Buying a 2013 SBY LS Boss for my dad and need help finding one!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help! I need a nickname for her.... what suggestions do you have as I'm drawing a blank!?

The trip was sooooo fun! We put 576 miles, her first sight of raid drops (frustrating but cleaned underneath last night) and a quick opening in traffic for a run up to 125 before getting boxed in. I've been driving/loving her every day since. Last night I had to put her in the enclosed carrier and lock down until Christmas because no one else knows. I'm really impressed by this car and never thought I'd say that. Car feels big at first but the size seems to quickly disappear while aspiring confidence.

Tim, the seller, was great to deal with. Every sticker and piece of documentation from new and she's nicely upgraded with every stock part properly kept under wraps.

Now, does anyone have a Boss back seat laying around they'd like to sell?

Dirty girl but last gas up before hitting the house.
FE5A0674-3A5F-4040-A357-E694E8143660_zpstah6u0d5.jpg

Having a little fun with the 40oz's with the car in the background.

70114C34-0292-410C-B4A6-67DDCB80C3D3_zps37sfctfa.jpg

One of the many random stops we made while running into a couple interesting characters!

FA0F740E-D07D-4C56-BC37-DEB26FD9C699_zps1rzmah8c.jpg

Brand spanking new setting in the holding lot between the rail/dealership.

59A1EE17-B186-45FF-88C8-4AB2025EA594_zps6pfddqll.jpg

TMSBOSS said:
Pa's Boss??

Our ear seats are stock mustang seats. So sourcing rear seats is Mush easier than fronts. Be sure to get brackets, belt sets and al bolts with rear seats. Should be just a few hours work to install.

Thought the back seats were a suede material like the fronts and that material was only on the Boss? wow, that will be really easy if they are just standard seats.

I would not put rear seats in the LS. You give up 10% of the chassis stiffening in doing so and water down the Capabilities....

My .02.

Great car and an even better story behind it. Merry Chrismas!

I have rear seats listed in the for sale section here. They came with my LS but after driving it for a while I realized I will never put them in. If you don't find them local and I still have them for sale let me know. As my add says, I only have what's shown. The previous owner didn't put them in either and I don't think he realized there were additional brackets needed.

BigTaco said:
I would not put rear seats in the LS. You give up 10% of the chassis stiffening in doing so and water down the Capabilities....

My .02.

Great car and an even better story behind it. Merry Chrismas!

Doubt my dad will ever track the car and it would serve better to haul grand kids around. I'm gonna push him to track it but doubt he will. He drives like Ms. Daisy which frustrates the crap out of me!

So, are Boss seats different that regular seats?

Pretty sure the rear boss seats are the same as base mustangs, no difference in material.

Check out the market section of SVTP, or contact race shops (e.g. Watson, Phoenix). They may have take-offs laying around from builds.

Pretty epic day! First off, a shout out to all those having a hard time with holidays. Seems that the holidays are a magnifier of the good and the bad. This mustang was a good distraction from reality.

I can count on one hand the times I've seen this man cry. He was absolutely clueless. Today was one of those days. Could this be the first Laguna Seca driving 7 people for a spin around the block? (W all 6 grandkids)

Video wil have to come later.

26BE1F33-7D63-46B8-BAF3-9FEDDA31738D_zpsox9zlgki.jpg
AAC113A7-284C-47C1-B0C9-723082181A54_zps9dt3ttus.jpg

A7CDFCAF-3041-4FD2-90C4-449A033BE7A1_zpsmnk3jufb.jpg

Very cool. Be sure and email Tim these pictures. I'm sure he will be thrilled that your Dad (and the grandkids) loves it.
Again congrats!
Jimmy

So happy to hear the story unfold from the beginning until yesterday....not the end as lots of activities and stories to be told with the boss...like an autox, hpde, strip or car show. Congratulations for making the dream a reality for your dad. And yeah, I do think you got the record for most passengers in a laguna seca....good practice for the town parade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's a great ending to a wonderful story. Your dad is a lucky guy and I hope he gets to enjoy it for many years !

That's a great picture! I was waiting to see how this turned out. The best thing about these cars is he'll be enjoying the gift for years to come.

I must say the look on the young ones face sitting behind your dad is....
This is a cool car. This will me mine one day.
I really enjoyed how this thread turned out!

TMO Supporting Vendors