The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help deciding future of GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

View attachment 3960

So, fair points. I have actually considered doing exactly that. The problem is that given my schedule, etc., I only get out to the track 4-5 weekends a year at this point. Given that relatively limited time, I’d probably take the GT3.

Would I beat on it, no. Would I need to, probably not. I’m not trying to win any DE trophies at this point, just having fun.

I have considered working on the 350R, especially as I already have a bunch of parts waiting on it (roll bar, camber plates, etc.). The problem is that I just don’t know if I’d actually use it vs let it collect dust in my garage...

Yeah if the 350r will be competing for attention and both would be used in the same or similar situation, the choice is obvious then. Bye bye 350r.

Love the GT3! Nice move and congrats!

My vote is to fix the R and take it to the track... I'm willing to bet, once you do...you'll decide to keep it for track duty.

I was in a similar boat in that I was goimg to sell my R until I tracked it and fell deeply in love.

I have another trackable vehicle (Viper TA 2.0) and I just can't see putting that (or a GT3) through the abuse.

No one has asked , are you able to claim diminished value in your State and did you claim that when you got the claim adjusted?

Yes, I did file for diminished value (and loss of use) and was compensated for both. Overall that has significantly reduced the all-in cost for the R, which makes it a little harder to sell. I feel like it’s a value proposition at this point.

Love the GT3! Nice move and congrats!

My vote is to fix the R and take it to the track... I'm willing to bet, once you do...you'll decide to keep it for track duty.

I was in a similar boat in that I was goimg to sell my R until I tracked it and fell deeply in love.

I have another trackable vehicle (Viper TA 2.0) and I just can't see putting that (or a GT3) through the abuse.

I’m currently going through the same thought process. Even my wife said to keep both (wow, I’m lucky). The other thought is that they are both entirely different drives. The GT3 is a German scalpel - precise, determined, strong, efficient. The R is quite American - Loud, brutish, a little sloppy, and gets the job done.

Kinda feels like they are sufficiently different to justify holding onto both. That’s my current thinking.

TMO Supporting Vendors