The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HELP - I'm looking for previous owner of my car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Poland
Hi there guys,
Long story short:
I've bought 2015 Ford Mustang GT in Magnetic with red interior. It's been crashed in US and exported to Poland where bodywork was already done and now I'm dealing with engine problem - NO OIL PRESSURE.
I assume it might be OPG problem but there are some mysterious things about this car when it came to Poland:
- missing crankshaft bolt (AFAIK there is no chance that it will unscrew itself - I'm an car mechanic and never saw anything like this)
- unscrewed alternator
- main power cable to fuel pump module was cut
- it's missing a lot of breather lines under hood
- missing whole exhaust system

Before I start opening engine I would like to try and find previous owner of car - maybe he could tell me whats the story with this car and save me some time.

Car looks like it was used for track racing/drag racing/drifting as it had rear bash bar installed and some OBD cable that goes to center vent (I think for some display of car parameters). It have different wheels on front and back (didnt checked manufacturer of the yet).
I think someone removed some parts from it.
I attach photos from auction (it's winter in Poland now and it's covered in snow badly) - maybe you have informations who owned it and how to reach him?
It was sold in NJ - TRENTON (as far as I remember)
VIN of car: 1FA6P8CF7F5361764

HOPE WITH YOUR HELP I CAN SOLVE SOME MYSTERIES BEHIND THIS CAR - I WANT TO BRING IT BACK TO LIFE :)

Thank you for your time and best regards!
3d86602663c14726b89fd78baccfebb3_ful.jpg7015975d5241457da81f79f63b158252_ful.jpgd314883b3aff497eb45ee8e32aa55dbb_ful.jpgfe0377e9f06748d6bdc47a8ccc72bcab_ful.jpgbbec4a90e2a24ea9a89bfc34f05d9d0c_ful.jpgd02c04093dcf4aae87c4b2ecd442e79e_ful.jpg96257abe77224a31a02e7467c11d2ec9_ful.jpg

I don't know if you're going to get a better lead here than the information given to you on M6G. Usually when modified cars are wrecked, the owner takes off as much easily-accessible aftermarket equipment as possible prior to the insurance company scrapping the car which could explain missing components (crankshaft bolt, exhaust, dash tuner, etc) and things that were haphazardly re-installed (alternator). It could have had a supercharger on it that was uninstalled prior to them taking it away.

Your best two options would be to buy the Carfax using the VIN and see what dealerships the vehicle was sold/serviced at and try to contact them.
You can also contact Copart, which it seems this vehicle was sold as salvage through, to see if they have any information (probably just insurer information).
Both may not want to disclose private party information, though, so just be ready to hit a dead-end there.

If it did have a supercharger or other engine modifications in the past, you will want to make sure the tune in the ECU either contains the original calibration or is returned to that state prior to trying to start it. If it did have an aftermarket tune at any point, it's almost guaranteed that it wasn't returned to the stock calibration prior to the sale since Copart lists this as having 0 miles which means they couldn't read the odometer from the dash likely due to power issues from the crash (which would also make any re-tune attempt impossible). https://www.copart.com/lot/40467202/salvage-2015-ford-mustang-gt-nj-trenton

Last edited:
Not to sound too pessimistic....................But it seems you may be paddling upstream in a leaky canoe without an oar...............good luck on your adventure........................ From one Pollock to another....:thumbsup:

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Poland
Finished all work with customers cars and had time to check engine in my Mustang today.
Dropped oil pan and found some metal shavings in it - bad sign.
Removed big end bearings on 4th and 8th cylinder and no need to investigate any further - everyhing is f*ked up...not much scoring on crankshaft but engine needs to be rebuilt or swaped to other working (but u never know what u r buying so I think it will be fixed).
After some more investigations while removing intake, radiators, water pump etc (I was lifting engine by crankshaft pulley) found out 3 bolts missing in timing chain cover...I've looked over the internet for supercharger kits and looks like bracket for it is bolted in this place...
I'm 99,99% sure car got OPG failure and lost oil pressure before crash...then they removed all precious parts from it (they had even removed injectors as some bolts on intake manifold were finger tight)...then they used other car to tow it and crash it in some pole (while engine wasn't running) so they could get money back from insurance company...NO COMMENTS on this.
Thank you guys for time spent reading my first post and your answer...car will now wait till I have more time to deal with it so dont expect any news soon :)

Wishing you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I'm 99,99% sure car got OPG failure and lost oil pressure
Is the oil pump housing still on the engine under the front timing cover? Remove the two bolts from the oil pan pickup tube and the couple on the front of the engine, slide it off the crank, and unscrew the housing backplate and you can see if the gears are shattered. Sounds like an entire rebuild no matter what, but it may satisfy your curiosity.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Poland
I had put it back as dont see point in removing chain cover + all this stuff now as engine needs to go out anyway. Oil pump is in place and will find out it's condition when engine will be stripped out.

TMO Supporting Vendors