The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HELP installing alcantara shifter boot not going smoothly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-manual-shift-boot-alcantara-2010-2013/p/MSB15/

Need some help guys, tried installing the alcantara shift boot and the opening on the boot wont go all the way down to the base of the shifter in order to install the stock shifter knob. the opening stops just under the threaded part of the stock shifter, so the knob wont screw in and just stays loose.

any tips from those who already installed the alcantara shifter would be really appreciated.

btw, plan on ordering a new shift know from speed dawg, so not sure if ill need a jam nut to solve this problem.

I had a similar issue installing mine. It's a tight fit and you need to apply some pressure to it. Make sure nothing on the boot is hanging up on the threads.

5 DOT 0 said:
I had a similar issue installing mine. It's a tight fit and you need to apply some pressure to it. Make sure nothing on the boot is hanging up on the threads.

thanks! finally got it applied, figure it was gonna go smoothly but yeah, requires a bit of muscle to it. was going to shave the inside but thankfully didnt have to. looks real good...now just missing a CO shift knob from speed dawg and it'll be just right!

TMO Supporting Vendors