The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help: Mustang P0355 Ignition Coil "E" Primary/Secondary Circuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a CEL took it to local dealer and they replaced the driver side cat. On the way home car lost power A/C and I found code 355. Took back to dealer replaced plug, on the way home, same thing happened, back to dealer replaced coil, on the way home same thing. Seems like red key and gray key are mixed up, no lopy idle anymore, grey key seems to have engine braking. Dealer replaced computer, on the way home code 355 came back. red/gray keys still seem mixed up.

I have searched and found some CPS threads, but different codes (305). Is there anywhere i can look to figure this out, the dealer tech doesn't know how to repair this ...

tlflow302 said:
I had a CEL took it to local dealer and they replaced the driver side cat. On the way home car lost power A/C and I found code 355. Took back to dealer replaced plug, on the way home, same thing happened, back to dealer replaced coil, on the way home same thing. Seems like red key and gray key are mixed up, no lopy idle anymore, grey key seems to have engine braking. Dealer replaced computer, on the way home code 355 came back. red/gray keys still seem mixed up.

I have searched and found some CPS threads, but different codes (305). Is there anywhere i can look to figure this out, the dealer tech doesn't know how to repair this ...
hopefully he replaced the plug and coil on the correct cylinder. should be #5
next...for what you say about the two keys being mixed up. Find another service dealer that knows how to handle this. I did not think a silver key could be programed because of the chip in it.
Keep us posted on this and of coarse the fix..

TMO Supporting Vendors