The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I have a question about the stock dampers that came on our Boss 302's. A buddy of mine that has a Boss had the top part of the damper fall off...It's the part that presses in around the adjustment screw to change the setting between 1-5. It looks like it just presses in and fell out of one of his rear dampers. Not sure how it happened but if you guys know of anyway to replace this part please advise. It's the part with the number 1 through 5 inscribed to make the adjustments. The adjustment screw is still in place. Thanks in advance

He is not the first but I don't recall if you can buy that part. I do remember someone had one replaced under warranty but that's part of the 36 month warranty and not the 60 month power train warranty.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
It's for a friend of mine. He doesn't want to buy all new dampers since he just picked these up. Just looking for a way to replace the missing piece on the rear damper. Thank you though

CR3Z-18B067-A $9.66 each at Tascaparts.com

The same part is used on front struts as well as rear shocks both LS and standard Boss.

Thanks,
BigTaco

TMO Supporting Vendors