The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help on removing stock diff bushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's what I did... I drilled multiple small holes in the rubber bushing until the main middle section was out. Then I used a dremel to clean up the rest of it. Kind of a dirty job, but retains the shell nicely. I used a poly bushing that required using the original bushing shell. Not sure on the spherical type.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Thanks Alex,when i bought the bushing he said about pressing it out. Thought they have some sort of tool to press it out,
Im lookin at previous post of some guys that did did it already. Thanks man

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
You can make a tool to press it out and it really isn't very difficult. I helped a friend of mine do his and after he removed the rubber center he used a reciprocating saw and cut one grove into the bushing and it came right out. Lower the diff as low as possible and it will give you the best access to the bushing. I used a tool from a member on the forum to press mine out but if you go the reciprocating saw route remove the lower shock bolts and lower the diff to give you more room to work with. Good luck

I use a 2 1/2 dia tubing about 3 1/2 long and a a flat plate that's 2 3/4 in dia. All thread cut down to the size I need, thick washers and bolts.. then just press it out.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Tri-bar said:
not bolst sorry, I mean nuts to go with the all thread.
Lol..no prob. I've been running the KB relocated PHB like you, just
Got the Fays2 Watts delivered, hopefully install next week. No more
track days but I'll post street reviews...lol

lol, I still didn't get it right..Yeah I removed my Kenny Brown Roll Center PHB not that long ago myself. I put the Ford Racing one back on. I like it better with the shocks and springs I'm running now.

TMO Supporting Vendors