The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HELP! P0010 and P0012 - camshaft position sensor issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Update: Spent 2 days at Watkins Glen beating the heck out of her and the replacement of the wiring harness seems to have worked - no P0010/P0012 codes were thrown. Still have that pesky P0300 every once in a while, someday I get it back to do the crankshaft relearn.

If any of the New England area guys have problems, try Tasca. No dealer in the country has more experience with modded Mustangs than they do. 3 generations of NHRA cars going back to the original 60's models were designed and built by that dealership. Bob Tasca III campaigning a Mustang now on the drag circuit.

I had the CEL issue. Came on with TracKey or Silver.

Dealership said that last step of TracKey install was not properly done by Selling Dealer (another state). So they said they did it and something about misfire codes/ crankshaft, etc.

That was last Tuesday. Tonight, while driving with Red Key, the CEL comes on and stays on. Shut the vehicle down and restarted with Silver key; same thing.

I've printed out some of the cures found on this topic and take with me to dealership tomorrow or Monday.

My 2013 was born on 5/22 so shouldn't be wiring harness, but who knows?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel