The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help with engine noise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Hey guys, picked up a 14’gt tp car last month. Other day while goin over it noticed this tick/tap noise comin from pass side a/c area when car got warm. Car had cheap filter before I switched to all ford stuff! Anyone have this noise or heard anything like it. Any advice will be great, thanks! Rob

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Coyotes make a lot of 'weird' new noises, IMO. Even coming from other, older modular engines. Maybe listen to a few others if you can find some. FWIW, I didn't hear anything obviously unusual from your video clip.

Hey guys, picked up a 14’gt tp car last month. Other day while goin over it noticed this tick/tap noise comin from pass side a/c area when car got warm. Car had cheap filter before I switched to all ford stuff! Anyone have this noise or heard anything like it. Any advice will be great, thanks! Rob
I had similar noose in my 13 TP and ended up with a new longblock. Rod bearing was the issue. I would recommend an oil analysis and if still under warranty bring it in asap.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
I had similar noose in my 13 TP and ended up with a new longblock. Rod bearing was the issue. I would recommend an oil analysis and if still under warranty bring it in asap.
Thanks 03dakrt, talk to a TMO member he said the same thing. Still has a warranty so will bring it in. Everything is stock so hopefully no probs! Lyk, thanks Rob

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel