The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help with Rear Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
sorry, I assumed you were asking about angle. there are some that allow you to set the angle as well as the length. if you don't have that adjustment, you get what you get. so just set the length so that the tires are equidistant from the fender.

pufferfish said:
the panhard bar should be positioned as close to parallel as possible with the suspension loaded and at rest. I go with a slightly downward angle (axle mount end lower) to account for passengers, since the suspension will be compressed more with people in it...even if its just the driver most of the time.

Yes, excellent advice. Go borrow some of your friends weights and pile them in the seat(s) and then you won't have to guess. (Being 235 I have to borrow a lot of weights) :-[

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel