The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Henry Ford's 33' classic boat Evangeline is for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I can't believe I saw this boat on a trailer headed south from Monterey Sunday afternoon as I was headed north returning from San Luis Obispo. It was stunning rolling down the road in it's trailer. The wood was just amazing and that thing is *long*. The way it slopes and tapers at the back was very pronounced. Lost count of all the sweet rides we saw on the highway headed out of Monterey. This was a standout.

No clue it was a notable past it's vintage appearance. It was the topic of discussion for several miles on past seeing it. Maybe it was headed home with it's new owner.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Know a guy up Seattle way who hand refinished one of those old Chris Craft wooden boats. The craftsmanship was amazing on this '39 barrell back beauty. And he's constantly working on it's upkeep. He's as obsessed with it as I am with my Boss.

I love the old wood boats and they are all the rage on Lake Tahoe where I vacationed earlier this summer. The Thunderbird is spectacular. The boat with the wood top and painted wood hull is a Besotes built in Stockton, CA. They are very sleek and command good $$ if they are in good shape. This one had a 505 cu. in. offshore engine in it. It sounded awesome.

IMG_1810.jpg

fullsizeoutput_36d9.jpeg

IMG_1887.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors