The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hey Blacksheep What wheels are these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to say CCW, it's kind of hard to tell.
They ran CCW endurance wheels on those cars, but also another (CCW) design.
This is my opinion, and I don't know that it's shared by others, but IMO since "John the Wheel man" sold CCW to Weld their service hasn't been that great, At one time they were the best wheels money could buy, they were like the M1 Abrams of wheels when it came to strength and they would machine custom offsets from 50K psi per square inch billet.

UXUB0Dzl.jpg

Last edited:
This is my opinion, and I don't know that it's shared by others, but IMO since "John the Wheel man" sold CCW to Weld their service hasn't been that great, At one time they were the best wheels money could buy, they were like the M1 Abrams of wheels when it came to strength and they would machine custom offsets from 50K psi per square inch billet.

View attachment 66484
I like this picture! Thanks for sharing!

this is one of those wheels that got hammered and I had to straighten, it was downgraded to a rain wheel after this.
(disclaimer: this wheel was beaten straight by a trained professional using a hammer and a block of wood, do not try this at home)

9nE0dPAl.jpg

Wssf4GRl.jpg

qR8YMVKl.jpg

they could take a hit and not fail
NJIHZ0Yl.jpg

wYHOGwUl.jpg

qFrE6hnl.jpg

I went over to the shop in Daytona when John the wheel man still owned CCW, they take a piece of billet that is formed by compressing aluminum to 50K psi/inch to form it

once they establish center they put them on the shelf awaiting orders
2AG7NyWl.jpg

then they start hacking away at it
1FWVWTfl.jpg

AuXOPKvl.jpg

If it's a 2 piece wheel, it will look like this, not much aluminum left
387MvS2l.jpg

then they create the ring, in different offsets to bolt to it
HDtVyJgl.jpg

this one was rejected, but you can see how they bolt together
wus3KNhl.jpg

the one piece wheels are completely machined and start the polishing process
6gT2uz1l.jpg

they are finish polished by hand
O0USCVIl.jpg

there. more info than you ever wanted to know about wheels

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs

View attachment 66484

Wanna know how I know we are running on a different budget?! :) Hell, my first thought was where the hell would I store all these wheels!

I went over to the shop in Daytona when John the wheel man still owned CCW, they take a piece of billet that is formed by compressing aluminum to 50K psi/inch to form it

once they establish center they put them on the shelf awaiting orders
View attachment 66521

then they start hacking away at it
View attachment 66522

View attachment 66513

If it's a 2 piece wheel, it will look like this, not much aluminum left
View attachment 66514

then they create the ring, in different offsets to bolt to it
View attachment 66515

this one was rejected, but you can see how they bolt together
View attachment 66516

the one piece wheels are completely machined and start the polishing process
View attachment 66517

they are finish polished by hand
View attachment 66518

there. more info than you ever wanted to know about wheels

Question, you may not know. When they machine them, do they recycle the shavings they remove? I assume so, just never thought to asks.

TMO Supporting Vendors