The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HID Headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With the news of a minor redesign and new tech gadgets such as Sync, etc. being offered for the upcoming 2013 Boss, I really couldn't care any less. Although, I would like to have HID's. Does anyone know if the GT's fit? I was told to stay away from aftermarket. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they will fit but that is an expensive retro fit project. Member 2012YellowBoss recommends Sylvania Silver Star H13 bulbs as an inexpensive upgrade. Amazon had them on sale over the weekend for $20 so I ordered a set. I'm going to wait a few weeks before I install them as I've only driven my Boss a few times in the dark so I want to get a better feel for the stock bulbs before I replace them.

blazer1 said:
OK, thanks. I'll try that first.

I posted a few pics here of the Silverstar and original here
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/hids-anyone-planning-installing-493950/#post6048390

There is also a Silverstar Ultra, look here
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/hids-anyone-planning-installing-493950/index2/#post6048418

GA
I recommend to get some upgraded Halogen lamps and forget the HIDs. They are expensive and not worth it in my opinion; I had them in my 2008 Bullitt and I am glad it is someone else's problem now. I specifically looked for a 2012 GT without them.

Im doing this swap. I have the headlamp assy's and now i'm trying to figure out the correct headlamp harness to use. Ill keep ya posted when I figure out the correct harness.

MustangX3 said:
Im doing this swap. I have the headlamp assy's and now i'm trying to figure out the correct headlamp harness to use. Ill keep ya posted when I figure out the correct harness.

I had my local Ford parts guy look up the harness and he wrote it down for me and I cannot FIND IT NOW!!! it was $350 plus tax though. not too bad in my opinion for a Factory OEM harness

Picked up the harness today. I was under the impression it was a harness from the fuse box to the lamps to my surprise (dismay?) it's the complete underhood harness... COMPLETE! When my car arrives ill see how hard the swap will be.

Was wondering if anyone did an HID conversion, how involved it was, and was it worth it. Any input appreciated.

Ill be swapping the main underhood harness soon. It goes from inside the passengers inside cowl all the way around to the drivers inside cowl and to the trans. Its time consuming but not impossible. I just wanna sort out this Navi install first.

TMO Supporting Vendors