The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HID retrofit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im looking into swapping out the HL housings with Ford OE HID assy's. I have the H/L's now I need the harness. Can I just order a H/L harness for a '12 "stang w/HID's? Ive seen the post about doing this in older models and modifying the harness but can I just buy a '12 harness assembly?

GA
If they are like the '08 HID then you need to buy the entire headlight assembly, which is about $1,000 for each side. If you don't mind dropping 2G for that, then it is pretty modular. I was thinking of doing the opposite swap out when I learned the replacement burner/lamp is about $250 and the ballast is almost $400. I am thankful that I don't drive in the dark much. The next Mustang I buy will have halogens.

I picked up a new pair of NIB Ford HID's off ebay for $750... just need to know what harness to use

I am actually contemplating this as well. i went to my local Ford dealer and spoke with the parts department manager. He stated I would need to order the harness and it would be about $350. Sorry guys, I did not get a part#....

GA
It sounds like Ford might have taken some of the cost out of HIDs in the newer body style. They definitely needed to.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel