The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hit the drag strip last night...disappointing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
seca954 said:
Justin, was that your 1st pass with the Steeda tune? Did your mph improve from the trak key?
no that was my third pass. first pass I blew the tires off. second time I bogged it. Same mph as silver key never ran it with red key and never will as the 5k max launch control will hinder the slick usage.

best mph with silver key 114
best mph with steeda tune 114

two different days two very different temps and humidity

Sesshomurai

Probably a silly question by me, since I'm not a drag guy, but have you or are you using the launch control feature?

Justin

I launch at 6500-6600 any lower and it bogs. my psi in the et drags was 16psi....started with 20 then went to 18 16 seemed just right. what I need is a WOTBOX and a better clutch (one that doesn't cause the pedal to stick to the floor. I have the JHR line helped a little but not much.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Hey man, just giving you something to shoot for, you should be able to beat this ET when your tire issues get sorted out and the dew point drops... No worries, I wanna see an 11.7xxx slip before the end of the year. ;D

ace72ace said:
Hey man, just giving you something to shoot for, you should be able to beat this ET when your tire issues get sorted out and the dew point drops... No worries, I wanna see an 11.7xxx slip before the end of the year. ;D

What are you using for wheels and tires?

Justin

seca954 said:
ace72ace said:

What are you using for wheels and tires?
that wasn't his car in that video lol

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
But it was my local drag strip! I think you can find out what he was running in the youtube comments section.

TMO Supporting Vendors