The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hit the drag strip last night...disappointing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
My best run was a [email protected] with a 1.698 60 foot. The DA was 1841. The humidty was so bad that dew was forming on the car and track. Any ways the killer of the times was the 28" tall slicks once you get to third it just falls on its face. I am going to sell the slicks and get 26" tall versions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsD8KqaWG5Q&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Justin

it is when the car ran that same exact time bone stock.....the vette got crushed though lol. the guy was talking to me in the line before we got up there he said your going to kill me lol

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Humidity shmidity, I blame the driver! =P Once the weather cooperates maybe you break into the 11s with better slicks.

I run 28 x 10.5's with 3.55's on my GT.
Had 3.73's and was crossing the traps at 7300-7400 & 121-122MPH traps.

I'd think 3.73's or 3.90's and 28's are the perfect tire for a Boss if you can get the trap speed up to where it should be.

JMO

Justin

gremlinsteve said:
corrects out to a 11.96 at 114.
what was your previous runs da at?
what time where you there racing?

steve
1244 was the da at the previous track. My times for that are in my sig

Justin

Shaun@AED said:
I run 28 x 10.5's with 3.55's on my GT.
Had 3.73's and was crossing the traps at 7300-7400 & 121-122MPH traps.

I'd think 3.73's or 3.90's and 28's are the perfect tire for a Boss if you can get the trap speed up to where it should be.

JMO
it already has 3.73's from the factory...and with it's short runner intake it doesn't like the tall tire. I don't want to do a gear swap easier to run a 26 then go back to stock tires for daily driving

MA
Justin,

Don't sweat it, just keep after it. The DA affects these cars big time and the 28" tire sucks on them in my opinion. I just had a set of 26" ET Steeets mounted up, going to track in the morning. I'll let you know the difference when it's all said and done.

On my car with the 28's it felt like I could text message someone between gear shifts. Totally destroyed the gearing. I also think front skinnies would make a big difference as well. I know Shaun has some weight reduction, but I don't understand how he can trap 122 with 28's and 3.55's! My car felt like a sled after the 1/8 mile on the 28's! Lol

My best times were 12.12 and 12.16 and traps averaged 114-115 on the 28's. DA was 1400 feet with temps in the low 80's.

What does DA mean? Is it how high you are above sea level?

<-- drag racing noob, my gf works for NHRA though so I don't want to look like a tard if I mention this to her

Justin

CaliMR said:
What does DA mean? Is it how high you are above sea level?

<-- drag racing noob, my gf works for NHRA though so I don't want to look like a tard if I mention this to her
density altitude

Justin said:
My best run was a [email protected] with a 1.698 60 foot. The DA was 1841. The humidty was so bad that dew was forming on the car and track. Any ways the killer of the times was the 28" tall slicks once you get to third it just falls on its face. I am going to sell the slicks and get 26" tall versions.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsD8KqaWG5Q&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

You are killing me. I just bought a spare pair of stock LS wheels to mount my M/T drag radials on. They are 28's. I hated the way the M/T's drove on the street. I love the way they hook up on the street though. I still haven't made it to the track with them. I'm expecting 1.8 60 ft times. If I pop a 1.6, I won't care what happens in 3rd gear. What RPM are you shifting at?

Justin

I was shifting at 7600. I also disconnect the front sway bar that really helped....easy 5 min. just take one end link out of either side and the front end will rise really well.

I am looking to sell the 28/9x15 slicks only 4 passes.

TMO Supporting Vendors