The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Race Course Universe!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
With A-10s and F-16s drafting behind you?

No, I was getting the gas -- flying the B-52 with JDAM on the wings, our preferred enemy persuasion devise. In-country was the 2nd of 3 air refuelings, picking up 60,000 pounds of fuel (~9200 gallons) on this one. Staying connected rolling in and out of the turns on the racetrack was always sporty. But we got 'er done.

Thanks for supporting our service members and veterans! 🍻

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ausgzeichnet!! Vell, iff du machen ein tripp zum Deutschland , das ist zehr gut, und ich vill bee verree glucklisch to gefahrten urr Bossy Moosetang offen der Nurburgring.

Zine me upp!!

Where will you likely be stationed? Boy, if you get Spangdahlem you will be super close to the Ring, and maybe even under 90 minutes . Keep us posted and we will demand lots of track photos if you do get over there. Definitely take the Boss, as after a few years there, selling it instead of bringing it back, we will be happy to put you in a new GT 350 off the money you make!!!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Ausgzeichnet!! Vell, iff du machen eine tripp zum Deutschland , das ist zehr gute, und ich vill bee verree glucklisch to gefahrten urr Bossy Moosetang offen der Nurburgring.

Zine me upp!!

There goes Bill again. And Google Translate still doesn't handle pidgin German...

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Boy, Coz, everyone knows the correct way to spell " pigeon", ha, ha.

I have to improvise after over 50 years of not really speaking it anymore, but at least I am not using Amerikan German slang --- machs nix!

Last edited:
Bay Area
9 different tracks so far for me

Thunderhill
Sonoma
Laguna Seca
Buttonwillow
Willow Springs (big track only)
California Speedway
Spring Mountain
Las Vegas Motorsports Park

edit- I forgot about Miller Motorsports Park

Dang, now that I think of it I’m surprised I never made it to Chuckwalla and any tracks in AZ since I’ve spent most my adult life in SoCal.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Since 2017 with the Boss I've tracked 17 times at 8 different tracks:

Laguna Seca (formerly Mazda Raceway...)
Streets of Willow (CW and CCW)
Willow Springs/Big Willow
Buttonwillow (13CW and CCW)
Auto Club Speedway/Fontana/California
Chuckwalla (CW)
NJMP (Thunderbolt)
Pocono Raceway

I was supposed to drive the Nürburgring Nordschleife this year but the track was icy and never thawed out while I was there =( A coworker from Germany was even going to let me drive his E36 track car on it! Still on the bucket list to get back there.

Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, and Chuckwalla are my favorites so far.

Ausgzeichnet!! Vell, iff du machen ein tripp zum Deutschland , das ist zehr gut, und ich vill bee verree glucklisch to gefahrten urr Bossy Moosetang offen der Nurburgring.

Where will you likely be stationed? Boy, if you get Spangdahlem you will be super close to the Ring, and maybe even under 90 minutes . Keep us posted and we will demand lots of track photos if you do get over there. Definitely take the Boss, as after a few years there, selling it instead of bringing it back, we will be happy to put you in a new GT 350 off the money you make!!!

Bossy Moosestang...haha. Wiesbaden is the destination, just west of Frankfurt. I did think about selling and upgrading, but I just love the boss. We'll see...

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Know Weisbaden well, and the idea was not to sell now, but to sell the Boss when you leave Deutschland ---- you will very likely do quite well marketing it there! Then with the money secure, it should be a small step up to a new GT 350 --- just saying, ha!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
KonaBob, quit surfing and golfing all day, time to list how all the tracks you have run......enquiring minds want to know?

Heh, BlackBoss may have gone to more of them than you , so it is not a foregone conclusion that you are King of all the Rings?!

High Plains Raceway
Pueblo Motorsports Park
Pikes Peak Intl Raceway
Road Atlanta
Sonoma Raceway
Laguna Seca
Texas World Speedway
Utah Motorsports Campus (outer and east course)
Hastings MSP
Heartland Park Topeka

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Is that the total if you count all the tracks in Canada and the US? I am betting KonaBob and BlackBoss both have easily over 30+ road courses to their names?!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Bill, you need Hitchhiker's Guide remedial school.

Is that the total if you count all the tracks in Canada and the US? I am betting KonaBob and BlackBoss both have easily over 30+ road courses to their names?!

Mad Hatter's got what it takes

Obviously, the first one to 42 tracks is the winner.....Because, well, 42 is the answer to everything.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With right at 100 tracks in the US and 18 in Canada , I fear neither 24 or 42 is the correct number. After checking this out , I would have to bet BlackBoss and KonaBob are both probably in the 40s for tracks they have run?!

Just the tracks I've driven at speed...

Nurburgring - the Nordschlieffe
Mid Ohio
Nelson Ledges
Road Atlanta - the old course with the Dip
Putnam Park
Indianapolis Raceway Park
Grattan
Gingerman
Mosport
Palm Beach International Raceway
Sebring - long course and short course
Homestead with the banking
Talledega Motorsports Park - mostly used as a Kart track

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Eric, you are giving away your age if you ran Road Atlanta back when it had the dip ------ congrats ,that was the era of wedgies and pucker factor at the max level!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors