The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HMS on the Grand Am Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam81 said:
looking good scott! I am going to take the liberty and put in a request for a camera angle. Can you mount the gopro right on your front splitter in the middle? I think that would be a bad ass shot!
I am not so sure how that would work out, I think the flex in the splitter would make the video to bouncy to view. Here is another from the hood, it is set back because I do not trust the suction cup sticking to the clear bra. (track was damp, these are not fast laps) I have been thinking of using a sticky mount up on the bumper cover somewhere, that would hold better then the suction cup on softer surfaces I think.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS_4FSFzgPI[/youtube]

BossJockey said:
Scott, So jealous right now. How many people can say they have shared the race track with Grand-Am race teams.
As far as the washed out track when using the helmet mount; Have you tried putting the camera in Spot metering mode? That should help.

I was impressed with the way the racers handled themselves, yes I know they are good drivers but it was the way you hardly even noticed them on the track. They were not scaring us in turns and riding our bumpers until they could get around, you only knew they were even out there when you saw a multi color flash blow-by you in the straights or the banking.

As far as using the "spot" on the GoPro, I have it set on that but still the sun is too much.

Badhorse said:
Really nice job Scott!! Great video's. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Homestead.

Thanks ;D I should be coming down for the two days so if you would like we can hit the town for dinner. I will be there with another site member for you to meet.

Talked with a friend who is trying to get a seat at the race, I hope it works for him and will let you know more.

Scott,

Nice driving and thanks for all the videos you've posted. I'm jealous of the track you get to race on.....being a past/present oval track guy it sure makes me wish we had something like that in my neck of the woods.

Looks like I will get my first real road course experience behind the wheel April 6th. The same date and track Gary will be at. I'm sure he and others will get a few laughs at my expense but it will be worth it. Keep up the good work and please continue to share your videos.

Some laps from Janice's phone. It is not entirely accurate as the GPS lags quite often but it gives some idea of speeds. Can't wait to try out the new Traqmate !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UsKqAA-yM[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel