The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HOD "Do the Screw in Your 302" Special Event August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
In for video/pictures/updates! Have fun, guys!

Uploading... I've got a decent vid with my GoPro mounted to the splitter. Some noise from crap hitting the front of the car it sounds like, but a cool perspective- like my car is only 6" tall or something.

We had a great day on the track. It was 74* with a light breeze and a ton of Mustangs showed up!

Fantastic day at the track today, comfortable temps, brilliant blue skys, Fast Fords and great friends...

Thanx Rick for the morning coffee and snacks.

Here is a pic I took quickly before Dito of GotBlueMilk had us stand beside our cars.

We are 2nd row, middle

Seca_Boss_Lineup_zps25b69142.jpg

Splitter cam. Roll bar cam picks up too much vibration and rattles. Need to work on that.

This was the first session of the day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0r37o-fxwAY[/youtube]

Wow you already have video up and I just got home! We had a great time but I'm bushed and will update more tomorrow.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I'll likely get my stuff up later today. Got a few go pros from inside and outside. Two things for me: 1) meatballed on the last session for 96 dB and I went into limp mode on my second session, 2) I gotta work on clutch release as turn 11 got me sideways when I released it during a session. Seemed that was a recurring issue for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Here are some of the still images taken by Dito w/ GotBlueMilk

This was just before getting meatballed for sound (93 dB). Had to soft pedal/short shift throughout the rest of the day
A64F3903.jpg

Braking for T6
A64F4593.jpg

Being chased by Fatboss and an LS. It took a while to find the rumblestrip on the corkscrew. I'm scared of hitting the pothole on the inside!
A64F5840.jpg

With Rick (NFSBoss)
A64F5912.jpg

A64F6966.jpg

T6. Video of me going off track here soon to come :).
photo.jpg

ArizonaGT said:
Wow nice pictures guys; these cars sure do look great on the track :)
Especially passing Porsche 911's and BMW M3's.

ArizonaGT said:
That 2013 rearend looks great as well, neema.
Yep he has the best of both years. He's got his car setup really nice including the Stoptech Trophy 15" front brakes.

Neema it was nice meeting you and your brother. Your brother really had his MX5 flying around the track.

It was also nice some of the other members I have not met before, Jared, Ron, Bob and Sean. I think I have met most of the others before.

ArizonaGT said:
Wow nice pictures guys; these cars sure do look great on the track :)

That 2013 rearend looks great as well, neema.

Thanks. You'll have to make a trip out here sometime. You'll be in good company

NFSBOSS said:
Especially passing Porsche 911's and BMW M3's.
Yep he has the best of both years. He's got his car setup really nice including the Stoptech Trophy 15" front brakes.

Neema it was nice meeting you and your brother. Your brother really had his MX5 flying around the track.

It was also nice some of the other members I have not met before, Jared, Ron, Bob and Sean. I think I have met most of the others before.

Rick, it was nice meet you and the others as well. You all had some very nice setups--I was very envious of the roll bar and harness setups I saw. That's next on my list.

Just a side-note: I've never been to an HOD event before. If anyone is looking for a safe/supportive learning environment to practice driving your car on track, HOD does a great job. They don't offer lap timing so, unless you've brought something to record your own time, it really makes you focus on practicing the basics. Another event coordinator, Speed Ventures, puts on a good event, but the drivers that show up to the beginner/intermediate/"intermediate-advanced" groups seem less risk-averse (likely a byproduct of cheaper registration costs). Once you get to the full advanced point-by groups though, you can tell everyone has much more experience and they're on their A-game as far as point-bys and racing lines go. Just an observation

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
What is that, a LeMons car?

I'll be out there in Summer 2014. Got 2 month paid vacation June/July next year. Will probably be able to lock down all the dates by Feb'14 at the latest.

bzo05.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Speaking of LeMons (and continuing further off-topic), we are still planning to be at LeMons Thunderhill from 9/13 to 9/15 if you want to stop by. The 13th is the practice day.

Then in December at Sonoma Raceway on the 7th and 8th!

ArizonaGT said:
Speaking of LeMons (and continuing further off-topic), we are still planning to be at LeMons Thunderhill from 9/13 to 9/15 if you want to stop by. The 13th is the practice day.

Then in December at Sonoma Raceway on the 7th and 8th!
Probably the 15th as the 14th my kids have activities. But if they finish maybe we'll come up on Sat.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Here's my 3rd session. I did this with my old gopro so sorry it's not HD. The new goPro was inside the car. [youtube]http://youtu.be/rWYPrDLqU2A[/youtube]

From the staff at HOD...thank you BMO. A great group to work with and some very cool cars. The photos of the garage area also captures the spirit of the day. We hope to see you again at one of our events around the country. www.hookedondriving.com

If you want to see more shots of the day check out www.gotbluemilk.com. See something you like, order it from Dito. Big print in your den or office will lead to some interesting discussions.

Thanks again BMO for putting on a terrific and fun day.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel