The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HOD "Do the Screw in Your 302" Special Event August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I met with Gordon from Hooked on Driving and we've selected Sunday August 25th for their special event for Mustang Boss 302 owners. This is a rare weekend track day in the Summer and should allow for members driving long distances to make it. Yes even members from as far away as Arizona, Nevada and even South Dakota. ;) HOD will have a "Corral" roped off so all members can park together. For those members that aren't going to participate in the track day but still want to attend there might be an opportunity to take a couple of parade laps during the lunch break. Stay tuned on that one. While this is a special event for Boss 302 owners all Mustangs are invited.

I've been to several HOD track days and they run the best events I've attended. David Ray the owner is also a huge Mustang fan and runs a highly modified Mustang.

Please post up if you're going to attend including your run group or if you're interested in a parade lap during the lunch break. I'll be running in the C/Advanced group.

Attendee List:
Fat Boss - Andy
Moto - Ron
Yo Pauly - Paul
ufnavy06 - Sean
mustang_girl - Nicole
neema - neema
Z06 - Bret
Rondog - Ron
Rondog's brother - Bobby
Surfergeek - Jared
Calii_KR - Tom and Taylor
NFSBOSS - Rick

Details can be found here.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Cool_Track_in_the_Summertime!_Mazda_Raceway_Sunday!

I've posted this well in advance so you can plan ahead and don't forget to make your hotel reservations soon as they tend to book up early during the Summer in the Monterey area. A couple of hotel options are:

Embassy Suites

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/embassy-suites-monterey-bay-seaside-MRYESES/index.html

Marriott Courtyard (I have reservations here)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/snscy-courtyard-salinas-monterey/

David Ray's Mustang at Sonoma
DavidRayHoDatSonoma.jpg

I'm in! I'll probably be in one of the advanced run groups.

BTW- The link needs to have the "!" in the end of it to work right.

HOD is looking forward to hosting this event....a weekend in Monterey and a day in your Boss Mustang at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Not a bad way to spend a summer weekend. Here is a link to Got Blue Milk, our official track photgrapher, and some pictures from March 1st at Laguna.

http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web130301/373/index.html

NFSBOSS said:
The link is fixed.

A couple of other things I forgot:

David Ray will offer hot laps in his Spec Mustang to attendees….a ride around Laguna with a SCCA winner is a rare treat. I've seen him drive and he can drive Flat Out. ;) Plus we should be able to arrange a group shot on the main straight at the start/finish line.

Put me on the list for ride-alongs!

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome day at LS. 8)

Count me in! I run with HOD, all the time, they put on very well-run events! Plus Laguna is my home track ;-)

I'll be in D, and I'll probably have both my Boss 302 LS and my SPEC Mustang. Anyone that wants a ride or some pointers on the line is welcome :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Just found this thread! I was just wondering what happened with your discussion with l8te apx...

Count me in! I'll sign up for either B or C group.

EDIT:
Rick- perhaps a link to this thread in the original HOD/Laguna thread will help people see this!

I'm here...do you have a question I can help you with? I have a question for all BMO folks...is there a dealer or FMC contact in the NorCal area that might be interested in being a part of the Aug 25 "Doing the Screw in your 302" day with HOD?

btw...bring your family to Monterey...fun for everyone.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
blah blah blah 90db limit.

LOL, maybe this would be the date for me to make then.

What do you guys think it would take to make 90DB? I could try to install a set of cats, block off the sidepipes completely, and maybe find a set of stock mufflers (I'm running GT500's, so not sure how loud they'd be with cats).

Edit: racing conflict: I'll be supporting World Challenge GTS/Audi at the Sonoma Grand Prix.

captdistraction said:
blah blah blah 90db limit.

LOL, maybe this would be the date for me to make then.

What do you guys think it would take to make 90DB? I could try to install a set of cats, block off the sidepipes completely, and maybe find a set of stock mufflers (I'm running GT500's, so not sure how loud they'd be with cats).
Stock mufflers should be easy to find and I have blank exhaust discs in stock. You better check it first though.

Call Richard French at Goodies Speed Shop in San Jose. He can probably tell you and he will be there to help getting the sound issues taken care of.....his number is 408-295-0930. Let him know you will be attending the HOD event at Laguna on Aug 25.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I'll be there and I'll probably have the least distance to drive to and from the track :). If my wife and I get the house we want, maybe I can talk her into hosting something that evening after the event (we'd be 10 minutes from the track). Also, any military could look into staying at the Navy Lodge or Presidio for a good rate. There is a Ford dealership in Seaside that maybe when I take my Boss in for some servicing, I could talk to about sponsoring. What about some magazine coverage? I think that'd be an awesome article.

As far as group, I'd likely be in the novice group still. Especially on a track like this for my first time in my Boss.

I will be at Laguna this Tuesday...is there someone we could meet with Monday afternoon? at least a name and I can stop by an test their level of interest.

Also, some HOD events are filling up way in advance. (Next Friday at Sonoma sold out days ago) The August 25 date is a ways away, but I would recommend that as soon as your are sure you are going to be there, register. Being a weekend it will most likely sell out weeks in advance.

ufnavy06

l8te apx said:
I will be at Laguna this Tuesday...is there someone we could meet with Monday afternoon? at least a name and I can stop by an test their level of interest.

Also, some HOD events are filling up way in advance. (Next Friday at Sonoma sold out days ago) The August 25 date is a ways away, but I would recommend that as soon as your are sure you are going to be there, register. Being a weekend it will most likely sell out weeks in advance.

I don't know anyone locally yet. My Boss just got here on Tuesday and I've only driven it twice, including the pickup. I don't even know with whom to begin that process. I have family coming in some time on Monday otherwise I'd offer to meet up and see if we can brainstorm this. I mean they are flying into SFO standby so I might be able to swing by. Besides, any excuse to go to the track is fine with me.

OK...keep working on who the contact would be. I will be at Laguna all day on Tuesday for a private event. If you come to the track find a Hooked on Driving person and they will locate me.

To whet everyone's appetite here's a cool video of a HOD instructor driving at LS. Gordon introduced me to Kevin a couple of weeks ago at Thunderhill and he took me out for a full hot lap session in his F430. He's a great guy and lets just say he can drive "Flat Out". Now guess what company he works for? ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wIgM6E3jkyM[/youtube]

ufnavy06

I spoke with a gentleman over at the Ford dealership just up the road from LS. He took down my information but I wasn't really sure what type of relationship we really wanted from them, just that we were looking for some sort of relationship. Thoughts and I could contact him to give him a little bit more info.

Edit: I'm signed up for Group A.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I'm torn because I really want to drive my LS at LS but I'm scheduled for track attack the following weekend! And I honestly have no business tracking my car before I learn more about doing so...what to do?

TMO Supporting Vendors