The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HOD "Do the Screw in Your 302" Special Event August 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadhouse said:
Great pictures and videos guys! Looks like a fun day.

Neema I'm in love with your car...

Thanks! Looks like we nearly have twins.

Here's the video that includes going off on turn 6. Around 8:40 is where I get sloppy. Lots of cameos from BMO members in this one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAZ0nGHNLM[/youtube]

If link doesn't work, try here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAZ0nGHNLM

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Wow Sunday was a great track day! It was a blast seeing Mustangs of all iterations out on the track like a wolf pack prowling the track for prey. ;-) The corral and common garage area was a fantastic focal point to talk about the day with fellow drivers - BMO rocked it. The lunch time group track picture was the cherry on top.

Bouncing back and forth between helping out and hopping in the car to drive I didn't get a chance to record any track time. If anybody has any raw video the silver 522 Shelby on the track please PM me. I'd really like to talk about getting some video.

Thanks for letting me join the party Rick!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
neema said:
should be fixed now. I shortened the clip so there's less fluff

Great video, looked like you were catching up to Moto there despite the traffic...nail-biter at 8:48!

Wingrider said:
Thanks for letting me join the party Rick!
Anytime.

Neema that was a nice save. I think you were the fastest street legal Mustang at the track on Sunday, you were really moving.

Dang Neema that was a good save. You saved it, they just went cheap on asphalt there. ::)

It's hard to believe anyone ever loses it around THAT corner. :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wu-nMMbEvxw[/youtube]

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Once I cut the fluff, I'll put my other videos up. I have 6 total, 2 vantage points for 3 sessions and so far you've got only one.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Rick, while I know HOD hasn't put up their 2014 schedule, but do you think we might make this an annual track day? Whatever MRLS HOD event is at the end of August might be nice, especially if it's close to car week, so those coming a bit further can enjoy that as well. I know I'd love to get a final run at MRLS in Aug 2015.

ufnavy06 said:
Rick, while I know HOD hasn't put up their 2014 schedule, but do you think we might make this an annual track day? Whatever MRLS HOD event is at the end of August might be nice, especially if it's close to car week, so those coming a bit further can enjoy that as well. I know I'd love to get a final run at MRLS in Aug 2015.
Already working on it. 8)

NFSBOSS said:
We'll try. We chose that day because it was on a weekend in hopes of higher attendance.

That would be wonderful ... Having to baby it up the hill to turn 6 was painful.

Next time around though, I will have some "quiet" mufflers that should help tremendously.

NFSBOSS said:
That's too bad because your car sounds awesome. One of the concessions we make to drive there but it's worth it to me.

Yup. I love the sound of my car with the Borla Touring, but for their "mellow" exhaust it screams under WOT.

I am acquiring a set of take-off 2012 GT 500 Mufflers that I should be able to swap out for track days with a noise limit and not choke the supercharger. Hopefully these keep me under the 90db limit.

I am tempted to leave the Borla on for the 103db and 105db days I have coming up at Thunderhill and Laguna, but probably better safe than sorry and swapping in the GT500 mufflers for those.

Surfergeek said:
Yup. I love the sound of my car with the Borla Touring, but for their "mellow" exhaust it screams under WOT.

I am acquiring a set of take-off 2012 GT 500 Mufflers that I should be able to swap out for track days with a noise limit and not choke the supercharger. Hopefully these keep me under the 90db limit.

I am tempted to leave the Borla on for the 103db and 105db days I have coming up at Thunderhill and Laguna, but probably better safe than sorry and swapping in the GT500 mufflers for those.

My old Ford Racing "GT500" mufflers ticked off a 92.9 dB last year (that was with a magnaflow catted X pipe too). 90 dB is a tough target to hit if you really want to go all out on the uphill past the sound meter. Dense clouds and cooler weather will only make it tougher to pass. Maybe look into some turn away tips?

103/105 dB is significantly louder than 90 dB. You should be fine with a Borla touring, at least on LS. I don't know where the sound meter(s) is/are on Thunderhill

TMO Supporting Vendors