The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HOD @ Sonoma + Cars & Coffee Saturday November 1st

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a great opportunity for Boss owners who don't track their cars to spend a few hours at the track and get a chance to take a couple of parade laps during lunch. Yes this is the same track that NASCAR and IndyCar run. Plus you might be able to get rides from HOD instructors and Boss owners for those who want to go on track at speed. I'll be there tracking my car that day with a couple of other BMO members. Maybe Andy, the other Andy, John and the other John can make it for the parade laps. Please post if you're attending the C&C or track day.

Highlights for the day are:

* Free coffee and snacks served in the morning
* Hot laps on track with HOD coaches
* Parade laps at lunch time
* Free workshop for those considering tracking their car for the first time at another event
* Raceway cafe will be open
* Grandstands will be open

To sign up for the C&C event use the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cars_n_Coffee_Sonoma

To attend the track day use the link below.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Saturday_at_Sonoma_Raceway_-_November_1st

IMG_0464.JPG

I'm going to try to make it, that's my bday and my fiance has planned a wine tasting day with some friends but maybe I can derail that haha!

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Yep I'll be attending. I got reeled into helping with the Cars & Coffee event. I saw links but will also try and attached the related flyer. There will be a chance for those that reg. for C&C to drive on the track during lunch.

...and HOD coaches (ahem) will be offering demo rides.

MamxMvW.jpg

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
NFSBOSS said:
Is anyone else going? I don't think Viper1mx is going to make this. A and B are sold out but there are a few spots left in C.

The event is sold out for the actual HOD track day but folks can still come up for the C&C, and the mid-day track access. Coaches will also be offering demo rides. I'm happy to offer rides and should be able to starting after about 10a. I should be somewhere around NFSBOSS or look for the de-striped silver GT500 with all the track stickers on the windshield.

Turned out to be a great day yesterday with no rain and barely any clouds. The C&C at the event had over 380 cars registered so I'm sure our friends at HOD thought it was very successful. Below are photos and a short video from the day.

This is the third P1 I've seen in the past three weeks. Geez these things are more common than a Focus ST! ;D Check out the license plate, good to see the owner knows exactly what he owns.

IMG_4628_zps0013ea8c.jpg
IMG_4627_zpsffb4d3eb.jpg

Note the P1 comes with $10,000 carbon fiber gravel catchers.
IMG_4630_zps0cbc3e95.jpg

And the P1 owner had enough good sense to park next to a Mustang GT.
IMG_4631_zps3c4c03dd.jpg

This is the first Lamborghini Huracan I've seen and the first Lambo I'd ever want to own. Looks better than the Aventador IMO.
IMG_4625_zps0245ccdd.jpg

The new Jaguar F-Type R Coupe looks and sounds fantastic. Sorry for the crappy photo.
IMG_4632_zpsdf9afb3c.jpg

Turn your volume up for this 19 second video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jcjNBFdlmTs

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel