The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Home Brew Alignment - Any Intercomp/Longacre Caster Camber Gauge Users?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone here uses one of these gauges with success to do their own alignments at home? I've been eye balling the one with Magnetic Base but am not sure if it would work on our wheel hubs or not either with or without the dust cap removed or if extended wheel studs would pose an issue or not if the gauge does happen to work.

I like the idea of using the ones that do not require the wheel to be on the car but haven't found any advertising an adapter for Ford. They do have ones just for GM though ... ::) Blahh

I'm not married to either of these brands by any means so if someone does know of a good one that will work on the wheel hub directly I would love to see other options as well.

Thanks for any info you can provide

Here's a shot of the Intercomp gauge:

102010.jpg

In case anyone was curious if one of these gauges works on a mustang or not here's the proof. I took a gamble and picked up the Longacre Racing Billet Digital Caster / Camber Gauge with AccuLevel ( Part #: 78290 ). Once the Dust cap on the front hub is removed it fits like a glove. It has a strong magnet on its face and fits nice and flat against the face of the wheel hub. Build quality appears excellent.

Now I'm off to find a replacement dust cap. After I finally got mine off it now looks like it got in a fight with a Rottweiler and lost :mad:

18284391268_928fbd4673_c.jpg

18445766066_0b6606205b_c.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors