The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Homelink driver side visor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone installed the 2012 visor with homelink? The rear view has the Sync mic so I can't get the gentex rear view mirror. Just wanted to know if the visor will be plug and play.

GA
I have this in my GT. It works OK but I was only able to get one of the 3 visor buttons to work with the door opener. I usually like to program one to control the light and it would not work. I have a Lift Master that works on the newer frequencies. My older Lift Master remotes did not work with it either.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
fduboss302 said:
This is the part number I found for the 2012 (should be the same for 2013 probably)

BR3Z6304105DB

You can look it up on

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/

$200.00. Interesting

How is the visor/door opener powered??

Electrical connection to car, battery??

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
killerwill13 said:
I bet theres a default connector where the visor joins the ceiling.

I was hoping someone could help me out with this one. I will not be back in the states for a few weeks. Would be nice to add when home if I knew what I had to do to connect.

Thanks ;D

The standard visor has an illuminated vanity mirror. When you remove the visor attachment screws and remove the visor you will find an the wiring that powers the vanity mirror. Just unplug the original visor and plug in the new one with the homelink. I did this upgrade last summer. I don't remember it being difficult to do.

TMO Supporting Vendors