The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood Bending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just did 2 full days at The Glen and by the end of the first day I noticed the drivers side front corner started to bend upwards. By the end of the second day the passenger side did the same. Has this happened to anyone else? I assume it is from all the wind pressure at high speeds. Kind of ridiculous though.

So your hood is bent? I haven’t seen that before. Can you post some photos?

I just did 2 full days at The Glen and by the end of the first day I noticed the drivers side front corner started to bend upwards. By the end of the second day the passenger side did the same. Has this happened to anyone else? I assume it is from all the wind pressure at high speeds. Kind of ridiculous though.

Wow... that’s almost unbelievable. I love my ‘17 GT PP 6 speed but, as described in a separate post, it wouldn’t go into gear mid way through my last session at Virginia International Raceway a couple weekends ago.

It isn’t my intent to high jack this thread. It’s just the more I read about problems with mustangs, the more I seriously wonder if they’re built well enough for track use.

I’ve seen mustang hoods move up and down a little at high speed but this the first I’ve heard of the wind actually bending the hood. I completely agree with you that it’s ridiculous.

@cneophytou86 Are you sure it is permanently bent? The GT350/S550 hoods lift at each front corner at speeds in excess of 100mph by a significant amount, and in extreme cases the vibration will cause paint loss on the airbox seal on the underside of the hood. I drove mine at 168mph around Daytona -- lot's of lift, but no permanent bending.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel