The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

hood decal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got my Boss on Saturday and the hood decal came damaged. Called Ford and a new one is over $500 ??? |I found ones on EBAY from very reputable companies for 1/10th the price?? Is the Ford one any better as the one I ordered is 3m and has 7 year warranty.

Seems odd the price diffrence and was wondering if I should just put up with the small damage or replace it with this new piece as my car is going in for a full 3m wrap in spring before I start driving it

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If it was delivered damaged then they owe you a decal. Mine had a small tear in the drivers side door decal, dealership replaced it no charge.

Ford should be replacing it at no charge to you, and don't settle for anything less. My car was damaged in transit (front splitter and bumper) and Ford has covered everything. I still need to take it back to them for further repair (it also cracked the paint on the bumper), but they have bent over backwards to make certain that everything will be taken care of.

I wonder what he suggests for taking care of them. Mine is an outside Boss, so some of the posts I have seen have me a little worried about them.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I took delivery of my Boss without any prep, but the hood decal has some water spots and some light scratches that I noticed after the first wash about a week later. Not going to have the dealer do anything because I didn't give them the opportunity to clean the spots off.

There is also some of the black accent paint overspray and small smudges too, but I'm not doing anything about that either. It's only noticeable to nuts like me. I'm sure a detailer with an orbital could knock all of it off, but I never want an orbital to touch this car.

PeteInCT said:
+1

Last note - if you caused the damage and need to replace the decal yourself contact Bob White at http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/. Great guy and great service. I believe I saw a post stating that he actually makes the decals for Ford.

-Pete

I did an his exact words were "I cant help you with your hood decal" i thought what a rude thing when somebody emails your buisness and thats all you say....brutal

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If you took delivery with it like that call Ford - they will straighten it out... It may be a slight PITA, but the dealer should not be allowed to treat any customer that way and I'm sure Ford Corporate would agree.

If for some reason you are stuck paying for the decal (you shouldn't be), for a lot less than $500.00 you can have it painted instead. I had mine painted by my bodyshop and told them to paint it exactly how the decal was. It looks gorgeous now. There was nothing wrong with mine. IMO the decal just looked cheap.

TMO Supporting Vendors