The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood lift at speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's easy enough to try.

I had flutter/lift and finally fixed it by rolling the whole nose and body work downward bringing the hood down tight over the head lights:
Extended front fender supports 1" (wider wheel wells) and moved the front top rad/bumper support forward, trimmed inner support where it mates to allow rolling the entire bumper downward. Under skirt and fender liners get trimmed up to match. Maintains stock looks and brings hood down very tight on headlights.

sigintel said:
I had flutter/lift and finally fixed it by rolling the whole nose and body work downward bringing the hood down tight over the head lights:
Extended front fender supports 1" (wider wheel wells) and moved the front top rad/bumper support forward, trimmed inner support where it mates to allow rolling the entire bumper downward. Under skirt and fender liners get trimmed up to match. Maintains stock looks and brings hood down very tight on headlights.
Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW, TX
437e3e1f2b4c4631bb65b31bd7f760dd.jpg9c651acf860b7b78572c001992ff290f.jpge1d0ea5f59217e61f97a330ce5c85a9e.jpg
Wow, it's a huge gap the whole length of the headlight.

This weather stripping worked well, from O'Reillys.

Start at the inner part of the light and pull the backing off and you can barely get you hands under the fender to push it on as you pull the backing.

PS - While you are at it, put a small piece on top of you drivers side windshield wiper so some helpful Ford mechanic doesn't scrape your hood paint when they pull up your wiper arm.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel