The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood Pins for S550 with Tiger racing hood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regardless how different they are the chassis are the same and I'm 99.9% sure those tabs with the holes are there. That race car didn't start as a GT350, it's a body in white which is your chassis, and they added the GT350 front end.

mattlqx

Mustangless
I think I'm going with the GT350R-C placement. The holes are very easy to access and they're far enough up the hood it should be possible to see engagement from inside the car. Having them down at the edge would definitely make that a no-go. Here's what I'm looking at. Might be able to get them installed tomorrow.

IMG_1033.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I see two rubber stops on each side of the front. Do you remove the bumpers and attach the hood pins here? Never put these on before and am curious as to how you remove the rubber parts and what's underneath. I do see circular impressions under the hood that line up with these bumpers that seem to be there for just such a mod.
2012%20Boss%20302%20II%202_zpsnj6dqxn9.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel