The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood Pins - Oh yea, I have them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
So one of the great benefits (yes, that's sarcasm) of being a dolt and forgetting to put your hood pins in before taking your Boss out on the street just to give it a good bath at the local hand washing establishment is you get to replace the FORD RACING banner with one you wanted to use in the first place. Red, White and Blue !

72a05427-7fe0-498e-a5bb-4704d630acb4_zps9abe42d0.jpg

(the hood survived with battle scars. windshield was toast ::) )

Very cool. Post a photo when the new glass arrives.

When I got my car back after getting the pins installed, they said, "every time the hood goes down, put the pins in, regardless of what you are planning on doing". Sorry about your windshield Pete.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
Really? Is this just an excuse for this Monday and Tuesday at the Glen? Uh..due to hood damage and resulting aerodynamic deficiencies the #59 Mustang Boss LS could not best the #21 car.
When are you getting up there? We'll be there tomorrow.
Steve

Calm down there Mario, you don't get off that easy. Being fixed now.

BTW, I'm doing tech inspections so I'll be sure to see YOU ! 8)

steveespo said:
Really? Is this just an excuse for this Monday and Tuesday at the Glen? Uh..due to hood damage and resulting aerodynamic deficiencies the #59 Mustang Boss LS could not best the #21 car.
When are you getting up there? We'll be there tomorrow.
Steve

I'm heading up Sunday Morning and will see you and Pete at tech. First round is on me at the lodge. Anyone know I'd DMichaels is coming again this year?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel