The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood Strut Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
WinterSucks said:
Maybe I made a mistake and didn't buy the redlines... all of you seem to have had good results.
if it bolts into the hood hinge then yes you have the mrt/mmd design that IMO is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aircare84 said:
All newer Mustang stock hoods are aluminum, not fiberglass. They have been aluminum since the intro of the '05 models. Perhaps the nose/grill piece is plastic on the 13 & 14 models
The Tiger Racing hoods are fiberglass & I believe they offer a carbon fiber one as well.

My hood was chipped, not the nose/grille piece mentioned. Either way, the chip was large enough that I saw the fiberglass weave, and not alloy underneath. *shrug*

straightliner1 said:
My hood was chipped, not the nose/grille piece mentioned. Either way, the chip was large enough that I saw the fiberglass weave, and not alloy underneath. *shrug*

Maybe the top and bottom of the hood has a fiberglass matt sandwiched in-between the two aluminum pieces to keep them from rubbing together causing squeaks?

Tim

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel