The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hood Struts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anybody using the Boss 302S hood using hood struts? I had the Roush ones on the production hood but are too much load for the lighter fiberglass 302S hood. They make it bow in the center of the fender. 5 DOT 0 suggested MRT but when I called them they suggested the same strut for the 30lb production hood & the 22lb 302S hood so I am hesitating on buying these. I want a bolt on strut no drilling or riviting. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I installed the MMD set yesterday - relocate the sound canister underneath took 10 min or so and 10 min or so for each strut - just make sure alignment is good and move the washer line on the passenger side - I took off the prop Im happy with the product.

I'll take a pic when i get home today

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I stumbled onto theses hood struts the other day...I think I am going to ditch the ones I have for these.
http://www.bangastang.com/_e/_10_13_Mustang_Hood_Struts/product/ENG-058-551/Mustang_Hood_Struts_05_12_GT_V6_Mustang.htm

you can select hood weight as well. body color also

98RedGT

2012 #552
that MRT yellow blaze strut looks more like brown/gold but that could be just their pictures not being very accurate. is that the case?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel