The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hooked On Driving Laguna Seca June 20th Track Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone besides me going? I'm going to be there and it should be a special event. Don't tell Pete but there will be several McLaren MP4-12C's there giving demo rides. If you're planning on going make your hotel reservations soon as they book up fast in the area during the Summer.

"McLaren SF will serve as presenting sponsor for two fantastic events: June 20th at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and October 10th at Sonoma Raceway. At these events, you will see many of the amazing new McLaren MP4 -12C's on track, driven by very happy and fortunate customers. In addition, rides will be made available to HOD folks with interest - as available. These events will remain wide open for the traditional fantastic mix of cars - so you are invited to participate with these supercars! "

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/6/20_-HOD_in_Monterey:_Presented_by_McLaren_of_San_Francisco

I may go to this. A couple of weeks later I'm planning on going to Fontana for the SAAC 38 convention so I'll have to see how torched the wallet is.

Sound is an issue at every track...and it will never get any better...Lime Rock is 86dbs. To help people with "loud" cars, Goodies Speed Shop in San Jose is a performance partner with HOD and will help you pass sound (if at all possible) They will be at the track on the 25th with solutions....however, if you are really interested in playing at Laguna, I recommend you contact them soon and let them know what you have done to your car's exhaust system and if they have a solution to help you pass sound. (even if temporary)....it is only a phone call and it may allow you to play with the Boss's at Laguna Seca. The owner of Goodies is Richard French and he gets it. Good luck. 408-295-0930. Tell him HOD sent you.

Yep it's everywhere. FWIW I ran a 92 db day there last Summer with my 7/8" exhaust discs and GT500 axlebacks and passed. I think I might pass 90 db with this setup but won't chance it and will install a set of 1/2" exhaust discs. If you're looking for 1/2" discs I know where to get them. ;) (see my signature)

BTW l8te apx is Gordon from HOD and feel free to ask him questions about any HOD dates.

Hmmmm...will look at my schedule to see if I can make this.

Put my stock discs in last year to make sure there were no issues at Laguna Seca.

Signed Up. Marriott had a much better rate for Military than the Embassy Suites. I'm going to get and use the 1/2" disc too just in case. Ordering them too. I need the familiarization for August and heard it was just 3rd 4th gear only?? Do I need the Blip thingy....?

Cool now we have two BMO members going. Anyone else?

To whet everyone's appetite here's a cool video of a HOD instructor driving at LS. Gordon introduced me to Kevin a couple of weeks ago at Thunderhill and he took me out for a full hot lap session in his F430. He's a great guy and lets just say he can drive "Flat Out". Now guess what company he works for? ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wIgM6E3jkyM[/youtube]

LS Boss said:
This June 20th looks like a McLarn event....don't see anything indicating it is a boss gathering...do I have the right date / link?
It's a Hooked on Driving event with McLaren in attendance. There will hopefully be a few Boss 302's at this event but the big one we're promoting is on Sunday August 25th. See below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4378.0

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Moto said:
Signed Up. Marriott had a much better rate for Military than the Embassy Suites. I'm going to get and use the 1/2" disc too just in case. Ordering them too. I need the familiarization for August and heard it was just 3rd 4th gear only?? Do I need the Blip thingy....?

I only used 2nd for turn 11 just before the main straight. Looking forward to August.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I might go. I'm not sure if I'll be back on the east coast then for my wife's cousin's wedding. If not, I'll at least show up, may not drive, though I want to. Heck, this would be cheaper than the plane tickets for both of us, the dog and the baby, lol. I never said that if my wife asks.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
NFSBOSS said:
Sean just come hang out with us. No charge to get into the gate.

Rick, I found that out when I went out to the track about 2 weeks ago. Didn't expect things to be running on a Sunday afternoon. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure that's a break from class for me and I think we might be back on the east coast for the entire time. Maybe I can talk the wife into going a little later ;) as long as we don't miss the wedding (she's the matron of honor.... so we're going lol).

TMO Supporting Vendors