The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hooked on Driving will have 10 events at Laguna Seca in 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This year is the year to get your Boss 302 Laguna Seca on its name sake track. 10 dates in 2013 at 90 db. First up is Feb 1. Register now at www.hookedondriving.com. "Do the Screw in your 302".

For being on a Friday during "winter" $350 seems steep! I'm going to try and hit LS 4 or 5 times next year. I made it there 3 times this year.

HOD limits the number of cars on track at Laguna to 25. Maximum of 4 run groups so everyone gets a fair amount of time on track. Registration includes lunch, bottled water, and more. It is what it is....recommend a friend and get a $40 referral credit.

Sounds good. I'll try and make it a couple times. I lucked out the day after Thanksgiving where I was in a group that ranged from 4-6 cars!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
l8te apx said:
HOD limits the number of cars on track at Laguna to 25. Maximum of 4 run groups so everyone gets a fair amount of time on track. Registration includes lunch, bottled water, and more. It is what it is....recommend a friend and get a $40 referral credit.

So we should refer each other, right?

Grant 302 said:
I'm hoping to make the trip in May or June.
Looking at the HOD dates maybe June 20th would work? School's are out and Summer starts.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Looking at the HOD dates maybe June 20th would work? School's are out and Summer starts.

Might be too close/soon to one of the reunions I need to travel for...

Been looking at this...ran with them at LS last summer:

motoviper said:
I have been considering Speedventures(.com) days on 28-30 Jun as they are able to get a 105db limit. Hmmm...

..or NorCal Shelby is running 6/22-23 too.

Also wanted to run HOD's Thrilla in Tooele last year...this year it's on 7/20-21.

Miller Motorsports Park is a blast....HOD uses the full track, all 4+ miles of it. Only three run groups so there is tons of time on track. Two day event that is about as much fun as you can legally have in Utah(no disrespect). Intermediate and advanced drivers only.

LS Boss

The "old" and the "new"
#14 --I ran the Miller HOD event last year withHOD and found it fantastic...I did not run all of my groups allotted still had tons of track time. Beware however, I went completely through (all four to cords) a brand new set of Hoosiers in the two days....but oh my gosh was it fun using them up. Go to about 145 in long straight, a 302S was hitting 150+, obviously a better driver than me...

Has anyone ever got a sound reading on a 302 with the side exhaust restrictors removed at Laguna...they are now dropping HOD down to 90db...I met a fellow that made the 92db without the restrictors in but I don't know about 2 db less.

LS Boss said:
Has anyone ever got a sound reading on a 302 with the side exhaust restrictors removed at Laguna...they are now dropping HOD down to 90db...I met a fellow that made the 92db without the restrictors in but I don't know about 2 db less.
I ran LS last Summer with my 7/8" discs and GT500 mufflers and had no problem with 92 db. There were cars there easily louder than mine and they passed too. I think I could pass 90 db too but will carry my 1/2" discs just in case. I don't think you'll pass 90 db wide open.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Gordon and I are meeting this weekend at EuroSunday to discuss and hopefully finalize a date. Along with Thursday June 20th Sunday August 25th might work.

Could you ask if we could get a separate run group? 8/25 or either July date could work for me too.

TMO Supporting Vendors