The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Hoosier A7 vs BFG R1S in 315 width

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone with experience running both these tires? I'm concerned with running the 315 BFG which has a width of 12.1" vs. the A7's 11.8". I know others have run the Hoosier in 315 square but will that extra width mean trouble up front? I have 3mm, 10mm and 15mm spacers but I don't want to get the tires delivered only to find I can't fit them. Do I need more than 15mm? I do have the ARP studs.

Yes, I have the offset strut. With the 305 Pirelli and -3.5 camber I used a total of 13mm of spacer and seemed fine. But going from the 305 Pirelli (which is more like a 295) up to a 315 is a big jump.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
No worries, the Conti 320 has a section width of 12.75" So its a bit wider then the Hoosiers in 315 with a section wiidth of 12.5". Since the Contis fit with room to spare with a 15mm spacer, you should have no problems with the Hoosiers. Section width is more relevant then tread width in this case.

its a nice jump!!! But watch out if you have a lot of squat. The added rear grip makes the car hunker down more then the 295s.... watch the rears dont rub! Ask me how I know......

Mad Hatter, I ended up buying a set of the new BFG R1S in 315/30. From the reviews they have gotten I think they will be ideal. Plus they were about $70 per tire less than the A7. Will let you know how they work out. Thanks for the help.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel