The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Well my horn stopped working. Checked the fuse, all OK. Any ideas?
Oh and thank you Ford for putting the fuse box up in the passenger footwell. Not designed for my 6ft. 250 lb. body. I thought I was gonna have to call 911 to get me out of there! Worse than trying to clean the back window :mad:

DEye

You can't get there from here...
Funny, yes that back window is a PITA to clean.

Do you have a volt meter, get some to check the horn Leeds for voltage while someone hits the horn.

Don

DEye said:
Funny, yes that back window is a PITA to clean.

Do you have a volt meter, get some to check the horn Leeds for voltage while someone hits the horn.

Don

Use the exposed metal of a bolt for your negative reference lead, since there should only be one 12v connection and the horn gets 0v from the car frame. I can't remember if our horns were two horns or just one. Either way, there should be just one wire per horn.

It has two horns.

P1020524.jpg

Yep, 2 horns. Mine stopped working after hitting a puddle. Few days later it worked but sounded funny. A few days after that all ok again. :eek:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Mines sounds like the last quack of a croaking duck, Its to embarrassing to use! Is that the same part number es the GT?

Mad Hatter said:
Mines sounds like the last quake of a croaking duck, Its to embarrassing to use! Is that the same part number es the GT?

I would wiggle the electrical connection and test again before ordering. And from what other are saying, a quick removal and inspection. You could have an insect nest or just water in the thing. Same part number for Shelby, GT, V6, and Boss: 13832

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I too installed the front brake cooling ducts and had to invert my horn mounting bracket. But, I then rotated, mounted the horns downwards so they shed water. They work fine.

302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors